Toshiba Satellite L50 - VGS MB rev 2.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Toshiba Satellite L50 - VGS MB rev 2.1

This laptop one day stopped working, well - the power brick stopped working and after replacing it I noticed that the laptop doesnt power on any more. After poking around and noticing that the power doesnt reach the motherboard, I replaced the power power socket along with the cable and laptop suddenly powered on, but shut down immediately after.

After this,I tried many things and noticed that it stays on if RAM is removed, fan spins, CPU heats up,but no image. Whenever I place in the RAM it just shuts off (I tried with another ram board,but both work in another laptop).

I decided to poke around more, got the boardview and noticed that power reaches pretty much everywhere it should reach. Vcore is ok, 5V seems ok, 3V also and all the 1s look ok.

I tried to measure continuity and resistance in random positions,but it all seems ok to me.

Does anybody have any advice where to look at? What to try? Any source where I can learn more? I have some experience fixing PSUs for different devices,but I'm willing to learn more.

Re: Toshiba Satellite L50 - VGS MB rev 2.1

Replace the SIO and it is very very likely to solve your issue.

Comment

Re: Toshiba Satellite L50 - VGS MB rev 2.1

Originally posted by mcplslg123 View Post
      Replace the SIO and it is very very likely to solve your issue.
      Thank you, will try that. Do you possibly know where I could order preprogrammed ite it8587e exs SIO?

Comment

Working...
      X