Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Asus x453ma not charging

Originally posted by mon2 View Post
    For this case it should be fine. The signal is going to the gate of the mosfet. The mosfet is n-channel so needs a positive voltage to turn on. You are removing the mosfet out of circuit.

This is to confirm if the mosfet or charger ic are pulling down this ac_ok signal line.

https://www.electronics-tutorials.ws...or/tran_7.html
    in condition PQ8810 and PR8813 removed
    ACOK = 0.64V

this is the result

Comment

and the measurement results of PR8812:
      PIN1=3.31V
      PIN2=1.65V

Comment

and the measurement results of PR8812:
        PIN1=3.31V
        PIN2=1.65V
        Can you confirm that this is the voltage reading with PR8813 & PQ8810 removed from the logic board ?

So PR8812 is only on the logic board ?

If yes, remove all power and place your meter in resistance mode (200 ohms) is ok.

Measure and post the resistance to ground of PR8812, Pin # 2.

Comment

Can you confirm that this is the voltage reading with PR8813 & PQ8810 removed from the logic board ?

If yes, remove all power and place your meter in resistance mode (200 ohms) is ok.

right, that's the PR8813&PQ8810 position I removed from the motherboard.

I measured PR8812 with 2Kohm position, because when using 200ohm the value only flashes

PIN1=437
          PIN2=unread

Comment

Do you have a 10k or maybe higher 0402 resistor available ?

I think that PR8812 should be replaced. With a proper resistor @ PR8812 pads, the voltage on pin #2 should be close to +3v since you have NO mosfet; NO PR8813 to load down this pull-up resistor.

Keep the original PR8812 still handy in your toolbox but consider to swap it out with 10K - 20k - 47k the value is not critical.

Once pin # 2 of the fresh PR8812 resistor is showing about +3v, then apply back PR8813 and check again. Is it still about +3v ?

If yes, solder back the mosfet that was removed from PQ8810.

Comment

Do you have a 10k or maybe higher 0402 resistor available ?

I think that PR8812 should be replaced. With a proper resistor @ PR8812 pads, the voltage on pin #2 should be close to +3v since you have NO mosfet; NO PR8813 to load down this pull-up resistor.

Keep the original PR8812 still handy in your toolbox but consider to swap it out with 10K - 20k - 47k the value is not critical.

Once pin # 2 of the fresh PR8812 resistor is showing about +3v, then apply back PR8813 and check again. Is it still about +3v ?

If yes, solder back the mosfet that was removed from PQ8810.
              in advance I am very grateful to you for guiding me so far, you are very giving a lot of knowledge tonight.

and I will continue tomorrow again to implement your directives, because now at my place it is already 00.39 AM, because tomorrow morning I still have to work in the office of a company. Thanks for today and I will update again tomorrow. thanks again

Comment

hi bro, can you give me directions on how to look for and choose a good 1Mohm resistor to replace the PR8812 on another motherboard with a digital avometer?

because I'm a little confused to determine the value.

Comment

The resistor value is not critical for this function.

Recommend that you test with a 10k resistor but can be higher. This value should be quite common to locate on donor boards.

After replacement, measure the voltage on both sides of this resistor.

Comment

The resistor value is not critical for this function.

Recommend that you test with a 10k resistor but can be higher. This value should be quite common to locate on donor boards.

After replacement, measure the voltage on both sides of this resistor.
                    I am really very grateful bro, because you have directed me well and clearly, and now ACOK is normal and the voltage appears 3.26V

and only 1 problem left.. ACDRV remains 19v and only flashes on my avometer, even though I've replaced both dc mosfet

Comment

Now that ACOK is the proper value, place back the removed mosfet.

Has the 6 pin mosfet been soldered back on the logic board ?

Comment

Now that ACOK is the proper value, place back the removed mosfet.

Has the 6 pin mosfet been soldered back on the logic board ?
                        yes bro, I have returned everything to the way it was... I'm really grateful, can you guide me again to fix the dropped ACDRV?

I think it's because there is a resistor on the acdrv that changes its value too?

because I have also replaced the two dc mosfets

Comment

Can you post the version of your logic board ?
                          Attached Files

Comment

Can you post the version of your logic board ?
                            X453MA REV 2.0 bro

Comment

Hi.

1) It is very late for you now so do this tomorrow and share the details.

2) wish to measure the ACDRV voltage at assorted locations - see attached.

Note that you will have to flip the board to measure some of the locations. Do so carefully.

Measure and post the voltages for:

3) SRN pin 12 of BQ735

4) CMSRC pin 3 of BQ735
                              Attached Files

Comment

Hi.

Note that you will have to flip the board to measure some of the locations. Do so carefully.

3) SRN pin 12 of BQ735

4) CMSRC pin 3 of BQ735
                                ok thanks bro for your guidance,

I will take measurements again later this afternoon after returning from work to go through the ACDRV.

Comment

Hi.

3) SRN pin 12 of BQ735

4) CMSRC pin 3 of BQ735
                                  hi bro sorry in advance, this is my fault, actually the acdrv has issued a normal voltage of 24.5v because yesterday I forgot to change the avometer set to 20v.
                                  so the problem of acdrv and acok is fixed... , but I'm confused why the battery percentage can't go up and stays at 70%?

Comment

Does the battery percentage meter show that the battery is discharging under normal use?

After the battery is less than 70%, you can add the adapter and the battery will charge up again to the peak value of 70% and stop at this max value?

Comment

Does the battery percentage meter show that the battery is discharging under normal use?

After the battery is less than 70%, you can add the adapter and the battery will charge up again to the peak value of 70% and stop at this max value?
                                      last week when I received this laptop the percentage was at 71% bro, then I tried to disconnect the charge and only use the battery to check whether the percentage is working, after 70% I tried to charge it again and the percentage remains like that... , until now bro

Comment

Let the laptop run using only the battery. Run youtube or play a movie and allow for the laptop to drain.

After a few minutes or longer, does the battery meter go down?

It should do this and be lower than 70%.

You are confident the battery is a good battery and works to 100% in other laptops?

Otherwise, the I2C (smbus) communication needs to be checked. There will be a BMS logic inside the battery pack that reports the details of the battery. Assuming the BMS is working and communication is as well then the host can properly gauge the health of the battery.

What is the connector of the battery on the logic board? Any silk screened text near the battery connector? Will look for it on the board view file to trace the mated parts.

Also...if you remove the battery - what does the battery meter report ?

See attached.

Remove the TVS diode part @ PD6001 and test again. This component may be hindering the communication between the battery and the logic board.

Post the voltage readings of the SMBUS CLK & DATA pads when the battery is attached.

Also check that the voltage of the SMBUS CLK & DATA pads is very similar on BOTH sides of the 330 ohm resistors as per attached drawing. It is required that PR6001 & PR6002 are present and not open. These are each @ 330 ohms.
                                        Attached Files
                                        Last edited by mon2; 11-19-2021, 06:44 AM.

Comment

Let the laptop run using only the battery. Run youtube or play a movie and allow for the laptop to drain.

After a few minutes or longer, does the battery meter go down?

It should do this and be lower than 70%.

You are confident the battery is a good battery and works to 100% in other laptops?

Otherwise, the I2C (smbus) communication needs to be checked. There will be a BMS logic inside the battery pack that reports the details of the battery. Assuming the BMS is working and communication is as well then the host can properly gauge the health of the battery.

What is the connector of the battery on the logic board? Any silk screened text near the battery connector? Will look for it on the board view file to trace the mated parts.

Also...if you remove the battery - what does the battery meter report ?

See attached.

Remove the TVS diode part @ PD6001 and test again. This component may be hindering the communication between the battery and the logic board.

Post the voltage readings of the SMBUS CLK & DATA pads when the battery is attached.

Also check that the voltage of the SMBUS CLK & DATA pads is very similar on BOTH sides of the 330 ohm resistors as per attached drawing. It is required that PR6001 & PR6002 are present and not open. These are each @ 330 ohms.
                                          I just tried to disconnect the charger and only use the battery, and the percentage dropped to 68% then I plugged it back in and until the time the battery remained 68%.

and I've made sure that the battery is in good condition and normal on another motherboard bro.

when my battery is removed there is only an X on the battery and there is a "battery not detected" notification ok thanks a lot for helping me so far bro, I'll check back on the attachment
                                          Last edited by Yosua; 11-19-2021, 08:15 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                          X