Asus GL702VM ITE 995VG-128 chip possibly burnt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asus GL702VM ITE 995VG-128 chip possibly burnt

Hi guys, I am new to the forum, today I got a problem and I have no clue what to do. I am not a professional thus help would be needed.
    So the problem is that today I was replacing the battery of my laptop, while fixing the metal jacket which hold the battery plug it accidentally touch the near by circuit IC and it sparked and I felt burning smell. Upon investigation I found the ITE 8995VG-128 1635-CXO SC15NB has a black burn dot over it and has smell. Now the laptop is dead.
    So my question is that is it repairable or its permanently dead? I did search for this chip model but couldn't find it. Any help would be much appreciated.
    Last edited by Bangash; 02-19-2021, 12:37 PM.

Re: Asus GL702VM ITE 995VG-128 chip possibly burnt

Hi bangash,

yeah the chip is surely fried. u can find those on ebay probably! soldering those chips require soldering skills and a good heatgun! u need to have some experience for it. otherwise u better bring it to the repairshop and say that this chip is burned. greetings

Comment

Originally posted by Pfudaniel View Post
      Hi bangash,

yeah the chip is surely fried. u can find those on ebay probably! soldering those chips require soldering skills and a good heatgun! u need to have some experience for it. otherwise u better bring it to the repairshop and say that this chip is burned. greetings
      HI,
      I did search for this chip but couldn't find the exact same model. As it has different digits in the end. Also does it need programming as well or just simple soldering?

Comment

Originally posted by Bangash View Post
        HI,
        I did search for this chip but couldn't find the exact same model. As it has different digits in the end. Also does it need programming as well or just simple soldering?
        Just soldering i believe. asus board programs the ITE chips from bios.

ITE 8995VG-128 is al u need.

Comment

https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-ITE8995...-/173313579300

Comment

Its not easy to solder this chip with a heatgun. Bga machine is preferred for this type of IC.

Comment

This chip has some different digits. Is it fine?

Comment

The name of the chip and suffix only matters. Rest you can ignore. Yes, so the ebay linked product is fine for you.

Comment

like mcplslg123 said

Comment

Originally posted by mcplslg123 View Post
                    The name of the chip and suffix only matters. Rest you can ignore. Yes, so the ebay linked product is fine for you.
                    Thanks, today I showed it to the technician, he said he will find and program the chip. Let's hope all goes well.

Comment

Working...
                    X