Asus FX504GM shorted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Asus FX504GM shorted

OK - I'll start with the mosfet - as soon as I get this hot air soldereing working!!

With enough flux on the part, remove PQ22 mosfet. Be patient to allow for the metal underside pads to melt the solder. Nudge the part now and then to check if the part is able to swim on the surface before plucking it off the board.

Never push this step. The solder will melt if you apply small circles over the topside of this body.
    ... I have tried with RMA flux - 390°C and high air flow - hovereing 3-6mm over a small part for 1½ - 2min and nothing...?

What am I not getting??

Comment

Originally posted by gustavind View Post
      OK - I'll start with the mosfet - as soon as I get this hot air soldereing working!!
      ... I have tried with RMA flux - 390°C and high air flow - hovereing 3-6mm over a small part for 1½ - 2min and nothing...?

What am I not getting??
      You`re not getting the part off the board at 390 .Turn the temp up to 420 - 430
      All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Personally use 550C (Best 863 system) with low air pressure so that other smaller parts do not go flying. Only turn up the air pressure if you are tight on your circles over this part only. TBH - not sure if we actually reach 550C with this system but that is what has worked well for us.

Have a thermal camera (Qianli X 3D) incoming for tomorrow or Tuesday - perhaps can check the temp with it.

There are multiple PCB layers (6-8) on the logic board that are acting like a heat sink (copper ground plane) so the heat has to be higher than what you have started with. Fluxing will for sure help as well.

Comment

Removing smd parts from some gaming board is a nightmare. I faced a acer nitro where a dual mosfet needed removal but no matter the quality of the flux used,air temp/air presuure used, it wont come out. At last i had to use hot air station at 410 C along with knife edge solder tip of my soldering station to get it removed.

Comment

Hi again...
            I'm very sorry for the long absence - I've been down with a rather nasty summer-cold...

Thank you very much for all your suggestions - I have hade some success removing a couple of parts from my old MSI scrap MB - Hot air blowing at 480°C (max!)...

Comment

you need dc power supply for fix the motherboard

Comment

Working...
              X