• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: dell n5110 no charger detect

H ABBAS GOVANI YOU ARE RIGHT AT YOUR POINT
    your charge is also ok and battery is also ok
    your problem in charge detection circuit,

in dell laptop and charger there is third pin in adapter, which should work and this send a data to laptop through adaptor third pin that this is a genuine and matching rating adapter. if this signal not goes to laptop the adapter show in laptop but not charging, if you check the battery status in laptop this will show "adapter connected, but not charging"

it is belong to the center pin of your charger , trace the circuit of adapter power socket center pin circuit,

pl check PQ4004 AND PQ4003 AT ICREF PIN AT PU4001 (BQ24745)

i was facing this problem two times same as water spell NR adapter socket,

again you are right adapter connected but not charging this is common problem with dell laptops, these laptop not working with local or other adapter these working with there own adaptor and with same power rating like 65w and 95w

Comment

Originally posted by sanehdeep2012 View Post
      H ABBAS GOVANI YOU ARE RIGHT AT YOUR POINT
      your charge is also ok and battery is also ok
      your problem in charge detection circuit,

in dell laptop and charger there is third pin in adapter, which should work and this send a data to laptop through adaptor third pin that this is a genuine and matching rating adapter. if this signal not goes to laptop the adapter show in laptop but not charging, if you check the battery status in laptop this will show "adapter connected, but not charging"

it is belong to the center pin of your charger , trace the circuit of adapter power socket center pin circuit,

pl check PQ4004 AND PQ4003 AT ICREF PIN AT PU4001 (BQ24745)

i was facing this problem two times same as water spell NR adapter socket,

again you are right adapter connected but not charging this is common problem with dell laptops, these laptop not working with local or other adapter these working with there own adaptor and with same power rating like 65w and 95w

this board does not have bq24745.
      it has bq24707a

Comment

hi i have fixed quite few of these models keyboard controller faulty quite common if spillage ocurs the adp detect pin goes short and symptom is not charger detection change the controller

Comment

Originally posted by proman28 View Post
          hi i have fixed quite few of these models keyboard controller faulty quite common if spillage ocurs the adp detect pin goes short and symptom is not charger detection change the controller
          liquid spill was on crt card and daughter card only. center pin gives 2.8v. and laptop is in working condition too.
          Last edited by abbas_govani; 05-27-2014, 07:48 AM. Reason: half writen

Comment

The question is, which one of those 2 different voltages is right?
            Because 1st indicates that charger is not detected & second that it's on protect mode...
            Last edited by loser18; 05-27-2014, 09:52 AM.

Comment

it is crt card problem
              there should be 3.2v on center pin.

i replaced the crt card and it works fine.

Comment

I have same problem with N4110 center pin is pushing 3.2v to SIO but still not charging. I'll change SIO & see what happens.

Comment

remove battery when charger in and reinstall/remove/reinstall a few times the battery look at the charger indicator in windows ,could be just a duff battery.

sorry wrong post
                  Last edited by cyberhack; 06-11-2014, 05:57 AM.

Comment

search for ps_id......in any dell circuit.....there will be a circuit connected to the center pin of the female adpater connector maximun fault found was the ressistance value was not appropriate or it didnt ultimately connect to the ps_id in of i/o......good luck

Comment

it has nothing to do with charging ic or mosfet

Comment

Hi badcaps dudes. I've got a real headache with the dell DC Power Jack For Dell Inspiron N5110 Board and I cant order it in the country I live in so I gotta fix it but Im kind of a noob when it comes to electrical engineering

Comment

sir what i can do this is my same problem
                          and i follow up your instruction then after my laptop is going for deth no pawer and no charger indicater led is on condition

Comment

To late.
                            any way.
                            the id pin (Central pin) in dell charger is different than hp & lenovo.
                            Not just enough voltage on this pin to go on charging process correctly.it's a digital bus called one wire circuit.
                            the only way to sea this data through Dso and read it through logic analyzer.
                            this data transfer from kbc and eeprom inside the charger and vice versa.
                            This is short.
                            This only The first step In the charging process
                            Last edited by mohammed aram; 07-08-2019, 06:55 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X