Hp Elitebook 1030 G1 power issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hp Elitebook 1030 G1 power issue

Hello, I have this Hp pavilion 1030 G1 that starts with a single light on caps lock then it turns off, measurements at the coils, meter in resistance mode (not continuity mode) are as follows: The problem started just after it fell from a desk to the ground. I can't find a boardview or a schematic diagram anywhere, please help me 🙏

1. 13k ohms
    2. 0.00 ohms
    3. 6.7 ohms
    4. 8.9 ohms
    5. 18.2 ohms
    6. 83.5 ohms
    7. 99.4 ohms
    8. 10.7k ohms
    9. 68.5 ohms

Click image for larger version  Name:	PXL_20240426_140505609~3.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.48 MB ID:	3260316

All these highlighted caps arr shorted I don't know how that happened just from a fall

Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20240426_140505609~4.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	3.47 MB
ID:	3260328

Comment

Parts 1..8 are not caps, but coils. They should read as low resistance, like when touching both tips of your multimeter.

Comment

Originally posted by rogfanther View Post
        Parts 1..8 are not caps, but coils. They should read as low resistance, like when touching both tips of your multimeter.
        Ikr, but I was saying about those highlighted in yellow

Comment

Anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by sarry86 View Post
            Anyone?
            Desolder coil 2 ,check the resistance on both pads. If the short is on the side with the row of caps desolder the jumper,the solder blob just to the top right of the top cap and check resistance again. If the row of caps are the only thing between the coil and jumper and its still shorted one or more of the caps is bad
            All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Working...
            X