Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wht´s the general issue (laptop won´t boot after bios update) with HP BS Series, HP Probook, HP Elitebook ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wht´s the general issue (laptop won´t boot after bios update) with HP BS Series, HP Probook, HP Elitebook ?

Hello everyone.

In the last 8 months I have manually flashed about 150 HP laptops (BS series, Probook, Elitebook and Zbook). There are about 50 HP laptops, as I have already written before, they have been automatically flashed through windows updates.
    Approximately 15% did not start after flashing.
    I got the HP Pro, Elite and Zbook to work again with the exception of one using the familiar key combinations or the well known bios flash stick methode.

An Elitebook 840 G6, like many HP notebooks from the BS series (exclusively those with dedicated graphics cards!), still won't start.
    The Elitebook has now been disassembled and the parts are intended as replacements.

The BS series laptops, after initially showing the famous flashing code 3x long and 2x short and the fan turned up, only turn on and the fan turns up. No more blink codes.
    When I remove the memory and turn on the laptop, the 3x long and 2x short blink codes appear again.
    What did HP do? In my opinion, this is exactly what is intended so that customers buy new notebooks.
    When I asked HP, they didn't know anything even though the Internet was full of this topic.

The question now is how I can get the BS series notebooks running again.
    Since these are i5 and i7 CPUs and dedicated graphics cards, they are too good to be scrapped.
    I would like to repair them again and then donate them to kindergartens, for example.
    It's hard to believe, but here in Germany the digitalization and IT equipment in many facilities is really bad.

Best regards and thanks in advance
    Kurt
Working...
X