Dell Inspiron 5570 and burnt parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dell Inspiron 5570 and burnt parts

Hello, I would like to ask if there is anyone here who could advise me if it makes sense to repair a motherboard damaged in this way. The damage occurred when the ntb was not turned off in the bag, where it got too hot. After cooling down, it wouldn't start. After removing the motherboard and connecting the adapter, the PQA01, PUI02 component burned, which is shown in the attached picture. PUA01 and PUV01 is very hot right now. Thanks a lot for any advice :-)
    Padluke

If the resistance to GND of the load is still alright and you have the abilities to deal with track and/or layer damage, why nit trying. Otherwise: Dismiss
    FairRepair on YouTube

Comment

Hi, thanks for your reply. Do you mean to replace a damaged part? The path and the layer are not damaged.

Comment

I mean the load (suitable testpoint circled) after you have removed the blown Mosfet. The tracks does look at least compromised till some degree. Part is already removed?
        Attached Files
        FairRepair on YouTube

Comment

Comment

The pcb solder pads look fine. Apply flux onto these pads and reflow the new part here. Be sure to align pin #1 dot the same as the original.

Comment

Hi, the parts have finally arrived. After soldering to the board, I connected the board to the power source and watched with a thermal camera. Immediately after power-up, the PQA01 is hot and draws 700 mA from the source.
              Click image for larger version

Name:	dataurl535205.png
Views:	39
Size:	359 Bytes
ID:	3243790
              Zpětná vazba

Comment

Working...
              X