asus fx553vd no power to 1050 gpu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

asus fx553vd no power to 1050 gpu

Dont know the history of laptop, On the board there were two destroyed usb connectors that i replaced. The board is turning on to bios, i have picture but i dont see gtx1050 gpu in bios only intel internal gpu is working. So i checked gpu gtx1050 voltages and there is nothing...dead and cold...no nvvds, no fbvddq...nothing.
    Resistence in ohms on gpu power rail seems fine. No short anywhere that i can find. So now i am trying to figure what comes first from schematic and i am lost and need help
    So i figured that i need to have NVVDDS_PWROK to rise gpu voltages. But i am not sure what is prequest for NVVDDS_PWROK? As far as i can see i have to have +NVVDDS_VRON signal on U9701, and that signal comes from logic U9703, signals DGPU_PWROK and DGPU_EN_PWR? and when i go further first signal is AON_PWR_EN from pch?
    Help please

MOD EDIT: Schematic and boardview -> https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=119142
    Last edited by darkness77; 05-15-2023, 02:34 AM.

Re: asus fx553vd no power to 1050 gpu

Maybe you even move a step backwards and look for present SYS_PWROK, PLT_RST# and DRAMRST# (or however it is called on this board) to see whether you even have to expect a enable for the GPU.
    FairRepair on YouTube

Comment

Re: asus fx553vd no power to 1050 gpu

thx, but i believe that i wouldnt have any picture without PLT_RST AND DRAMRST?

And finally i found what was the problem...it was the ripped 0 ohm resistor R2346,....now all ok.

Comment

Working...
      X