X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
    Re: Dell optiplex 3000 micro bios

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/troubl...before-posting

Thank you for the link! I guess I should have clarified that I did look through the info at that link, before posting my question earlier. I didn't see anything there that lead me to any tools that I could use to make the necessary changes to the Absolute feature within my BIOS. Do you have any iformation for that? Thank you!

Comment

• SMDFlea
      SMDFlea commented
      Editing a comment
      Compare a locked and unlocked bios with a hex editor. If you can`t do it yourself post your backups and the PC service tag

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
    Compare a locked and unlocked bios with a hex editor. If you can`t do it yourself post your backups and the PC service tag
    I have found some HEX apps to allow me to compare 2 files, and I can modify them as well. Is there a good guide or some way to learn what the different parts of the BIOS are and what the HEX does to change them? Trying to figure this out on my own if possible. Thanks!

Comment

Hello everyone! I recently picked up a Dell OptiPlex Micro 3000 in an online auction. Unfortunately, the Absolute option has been enabled, making it unusable for my purposes. I have the ability and equipment needed to read the BIOS chips.

I did want to confirm that the 2 chips I will need to read are:
      1. 25B128ESIG
      2. 25R256EYIG

If these are the chips, what do I need to do to the BIOS files to remove Absolute? Can I upload them here for assistance? Or, could I just download the files previously modified for someone else and flash them to my unit? I'm sorry for all of the questions and thank you so much!!!

Comment

Hi All

I have a OptiPlex 3000 with password

Can this be removed please?

Service tag is:
      6W1G9X3

I attach bios files below
      bios chip is gigadevice 25B128ESIG

Attached Files

Comment

Hi there,
        I recently bought one of these optiplex 3000 micro's which appeared to be bios locked. I would very much like to get this unlocked. Seller does not know the password. I found this topic and thought I could give this a shot, so I also bought a ch341a programmer to get my bios files from these chips.

My optiplex has the 25B128ESIG (16MB) and 25R256EYIG (32MB) bios chips. I did manage to get the file from the 16MB chip, but can't seem te read from the 32MB one without desoldering the chip because the programmer clamp does not reach the pins of the chip because it is too low, and I don't have the tools to do this (yet).

Would this by any chance work with just the 16MB file, added in the attachments?

My service tag is 7TYGXR3-8FC8

Kind regards,

Koelkast
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by compaq22 View Post

Hi All

I have a OptiPlex 3000 with password

Can this be removed please?

Service tag is:
          6W1G9X3

I attach bios files below
          bios chip is gigadevice 25B128ESIG

1st boot, press F2, write service tag, disable Absolute, save (Apply changes), restart. 2nd boot press Alt+F to exit manufacturing mode
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Koelkast View Post
            Hi there,
            I recently bought one of these optiplex 3000 micro's which appeared to be bios locked. I would very much like to get this unlocked. Seller does not know the password. I found this topic and thought I could give this a shot, so I also bought a ch341a programmer to get my bios files from these chips.

My optiplex has the 25B128ESIG (16MB) and 25R256EYIG (32MB) bios chips. I did manage to get the file from the 16MB chip, but can't seem te read from the 32MB one without desoldering the chip because the programmer clamp does not reach the pins of the chip because it is too low, and I don't have the tools to do this (yet).

Would this by any chance work with just the 16MB file, added in the attachments?

My service tag is 7TYGXR3-8FC8

Kind regards,

Koelkast
            1st boot, press F2, write service tag, disable Absolute, save (Apply changes), restart. 2nd boot press Alt+F to exit manufacturing mode
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by rex98 View Post

Wow, thank you very much. I will try to install this tonight and I will let you know if it works!

Comment

it really worked, bios is unlocked and absolute is disabled. Thank you very very very much again!

Comment

Need help with password, i'm unable to remove for myself
                  optiplex 3000 mini
                  Thank you
                  4HP3YX3-8FC8
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by tracker1 View Post
                    Need help with password, i'm unable to remove for myself
                    optiplex 3000 mini
                    Thank you
                    4HP3YX3-8FC8
                    only flash this 16mb
                    Attached Files

Comment

only flash this 16mb
                      Thank you! It's working!

Comment

Working...
                      X