Clear All

Re: Dell OptiPlex 3010 bios

Thanks

Comment

Re: Need bios Dell optiplex 3010

Originally posted by hoaca388 View Post
      Dell OptiPlex 3010
      Service tag: 2X89H5J
      Greetings, hoaca, everyone. I see that many people seem to have recovered their BIOS in the posts above, but I have been unable after many days of flashing BIOS files from this forum post and elsewhere. Would it be possible for you or someone to provide a BIOS for my Optiplex 3010 (042p49):
      Board code MIH61R MB 10097-1 48.3EQ01.011
      Service Tag is CYQKHX1
      BIOS chip is mx25l6406e

I blew up my BIOS using internal software programming and sadly had only dumped the "BIOS Region" of the BIOS. That file is attached and was created with fptw64.exe -bios -d 3010bios.bin, which resulted in only 6MB of the total 8MB needed. I have a ch341a (black) programmer that I would use to restore the BIOS.

Thank you for your consideration.

P.S. The symptom I always see after every flash is that my display (a TV) is blank. The TV indicates via on-screen display that there is some kind of signal coming over the HDMI cable, but nothing ever displays on the screen.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by katapaltes; 04-26-2023, 08:48 PM.

Comment

Re: Need bios Dell optiplex 3010

Can confirm that BIOS posted by foulou0238 on page 1 is working for me. Ended up using a Raspberry Pi 3, the ch341a (black) programmer, and flashrom built into Raspberry Pi OS to flash the ROM. I can't say for certain that flashrom/Linux was the fix in my case because I changed too many variables at once. Note: My rPi4 didn't work; the light on ch341a kept flashing weirdly just by being plugged in to the rPi4. Upon first successful boot after flash, Dell BIOS prompted me to enter the Dell Service Tag which I luckily was able to recover from previous BIOS dumps. Upon installing Windows 11 (thanks to Rufus) and providing my Microsoft account/password, Windows showed as activated.

This is the second time members on this site have helped me. The first time was with an actual bad cap on a Samsung TV. Many thanks!

Comment

Hello i have an optiplex 3010 with:

motherboard MIH61R MB
          10097-1 48. 3EQ01.011 REV A00
          with bios chip MX25L6406EM21-12G

I tried to program the official A22 bios(downloaded from official site) through the windows method. It completed successfuly at 100% and after that computer stayed black.
          I tried to program every 8mb bios i found in this thread with my CH341A but none worked.
          My service tag is 63DWG5J.
          i have attached the bios i managed to read after the update to A22. Can someone please help me to fix my bios i will be grateful.
          I dont care about windows serials and other stuff i just wont it to work.
          Thanks in advance.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by snaker View Post
            Hello i have an optiplex 3010 with:

motherboard MIH61R MB
            10097-1 48. 3EQ01.011 REV A00
            with bios chip MX25L6406EM21-12G

I tried to program the official A22 bios(downloaded from official site) through the windows method. It completed successfuly at 100% and after that computer stayed black.
            I tried to program every 8mb bios i found in this thread with my CH341A but none worked.
            My service tag is 63DWG5J.
            i have attached the bios i managed to read after the update to A22. Can someone please help me to fix my bios i will be grateful.
            I dont care about windows serials and other stuff i just wont it to work.
            Thanks in advance.
            Optiplex 3010
            Thẻ dịch vụ: 63DWG5J
            Attached Files

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
            Become a Badcaps supporter
            >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
            Thanks to all supporters.
            ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

First of all thank you very much for you reply and you effort trying to help! I really appreciate it from the deep of my heart.
              I tried the bios and it doesnt work.. It doesnt make any sense!
              The only thing i did was run the official a22 update from dells site and it finished 100% without any problems! After that motherboard powers on and black screen. Is there any possibility that bios update corupted something else except for bios? I used AsProgrammer to flash the chip. Should i use other program?
              This is insane...bios flashes, reads and verifies with CH341A without any problems.
              What else can it be??

Comment

Re: Dell OptiPlex 3010 bios vostro260s

vostro 260s
                Attached Files

Comment

any chance to split Region from 390 to 3010,etc Service Tag and mac.

Comment

THank you

Comment

Working...
                    X