UEFI capsule unpack - Lenovo Ideacentre Gaming 5 17IAB7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UEFI capsule unpack - Lenovo Ideacentre Gaming 5 17IAB7

Hi all, I can't find a way to extract BIOS from a capsule, it comes from Lenovo.

It seems that they updated the package of che .cap, anyone here could check this?

Link: https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/cr/it/p...3-B07A93E0428C

Use ISO version then get IMAGEM42.CAP.

Thanks
    Last edited by SMDFlea; 10-14-2023, 01:47 AM. Reason: Added "Gaming 5 17IAB7" to thread title,moved thread to Desktop PC bios requests sub forum

Re: UEFI capsule unpack - Lenovo Ideacentre

Originally posted by padremayi View Post
    Hi all, I can't find a way to extract BIOS from a capsule, it comes from Lenovo.

It seems that they updated the package of che .cap, anyone here could check this?

Link: https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/cr/it/p...3-B07A93E0428C

Use ISO version then get IMAGEM42.CAP.

Thanks
    here it is
    Attached Files

Comment

Re: UEFI capsule unpack - Lenovo Ideacentre Gaming 5 17IAB7

Added "Gaming 5 17IAB7" to thread title,moved thread to Desktop PC bios requests sub forum.

RULES UPDATE for BIOS requests/offers *AVOID BANNING, READ BEFORE POSTING*
      https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=103569

All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Originally posted by qayyum786 View Post
        here it is
        Thanks man, could you please add some details of what you removed/added? It could be useful for other users in the future
        Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
        Added "Gaming 5 17IAB7" to thread title...
        Yeah, sorry for that, I left the title generic in order to understand if the new capsule used by Lenovo is generic
        Last edited by padremayi; 10-14-2023, 02:12 AM.

Comment

Thanks man, could you please add some details of what you removed/added? It could be useful for other users in the future

Yeah, sorry for that, I left the title generic in order to understand if the new capsule used by Lenovo is generic
          The software used to extract is innoextract,AMI PFAT Extractor and a hex editor to make the file the right size, in this case its a 16MB update,not a full bios image.
          All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

The software used to extract is innoextract,AMI PFAT Extractor and a hex editor to make the file the right size, in this case its a 16MB update,not a full bios image.
            No, the "standard method" doesn't work with this capsule. I mean that I got a 21985910 Bytes file size
            Last edited by padremayi; 10-14-2023, 02:59 AM.

Comment

No, the "standard method" doesn't work with this capsule. I mean that I got a 21985910 Bytes file size
              Yes,it is 21985910 Bytes ,now it needs editing to the right size.

Attached Files

Comment

Yes,it is 21985910 Bytes ,now it needs editing to the right size.
                Many thanks. Is there a guide for this type of capsule? I didn't find a specific guide.

Also, I successfully activated XMP on this motherboard using setup_var_cv method.

I did the same for Resizable BAR, the variable is set to enabled but GPU-Z and NVIDIA say not... ???

Why is this setting ignored? Where may I ask for these kind of problems, like unlock the BIOS? It is a boot guard protected one
                Last edited by padremayi; 10-14-2023, 08:06 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X