Bios File for Asrock Motherboard too big

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bios File for Asrock Motherboard too big

Please I need a tip, bios file for Askock motherboard too big for the chip, do I have to use the same tool, (UefiTool) for .CAP files?

You`ll have to post more info than that. What model is the motherboard,what part number is the bios chip, where is the bios from that you`re wanting to flash is it from the ASRock support page - post a link to it .
    All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

I understand, the motherboard in question is in a loop and I wanted to make sure that the bios would not be corrupted, so the normal update method will not be possible with just a bios recorder, the motherboard (Asrock H87 Pro4) is old but I wanted to recover

Comment

The bios files that I downloaded have a size larger than that supported by the bios and that's my difficulty, I have to convert to the supported size but they are worse than the original, will it have to be another program for the conversion other than UEFITool
        thanks for answering

Comment

It's very strange, as far as I know only ASUS uses an encapsulation (.cap). Look on the support site, if there is not a different version. For such older boards there were some DOS programs to upgrade the BIOS, and they needed somtimes a dedicated file version. Maybe you just picked such a file version instead of a pure .bin container ?

UEFITool might not help here, as as far as I know it can only handle the ASUS .cap encapsulation. But you can try to read the file with UEFITool to see if it recognizes the file at all and disassembless the bios content.

Or maybe your board has two bios chips, and the content is divided between them ? ASUS used such a solution on many boards.
          Last edited by DynaxSC; 05-26-2024, 08:52 PM.

Comment

For bios H87Pro42.40 delete 0 - FFF with a hex editor

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	110.9 KB
ID:	3278811
            All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

ok I'll try thanks

Comment

Working...
              X