Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Acer Nitro 5 AN515-42 No power No light No Boot

Hello Guys,

Kinldy asking for your help as I turn around the rabbit hole without finding it.
    A young colleague give me is laptop as it suddenly stopped to work after perfect shutdown.
    Acer Nitro 5 AN515-42
    Motherboard DH5JV LA-G021P

There is no more life when charger is plugged in (even if I have carrefully check that deliver 19.5V anytime (before and after insertion)).
    No short identified and for a time I have the 19.5V rail OK (including the 3.3V on keyboard and 5V also, but not the others).
    No damaged component found (no burns, no trace of overheating and no liquid damage).
    So I began to check everything find out the 4R7 resistor PR102 was dead (change it properly) but no for a reason or another I don't have the 19.5V after first mosfet (and the ISL88739AHR chip PU301 is heating up).
    I Have checked the PC313, PC314 and PC318 and no short found.
    When plug in the charger the chip PU301 heating up (from the border close to PC318).
    The PD301 and the PR324 are heating up as the PR319 and all values are correct.

So before ordering a new chip that I may have burn, I would like to ask you if any of you have ever seen this behavior.

Hope I can save the motherboard.

I have both the schematic and the boardview (found on this wonderfull forum).

Thank you and if my english is not clear enough don't hesitate to ask me for more detail... don't want to mess up more the poor board.

Best regards,

Tom

I have replaced the chip with a brand new one. No the 19.5V is flowing everywhere properly. I have the 3V and 5V but not the 1.8V. I will try later to inject 1.5V on the 1.8V rail to see if anything getting anormally hot. Could it be a SIO issue ? I see the 3V getting in but nothing more.

Comment

So finally I tried to talk with ENE KB9022 chip using the method with CH341A and 5 wires on the keyboard... When I tried to identify the chip I have no respond (it work perfectly with the BIOS chip). I checked the wiring twice. The SiO is feeded with 3.3V but not shorted and no communication.
      Is it dead for you and will I find a working motherboard if I change it with a programmed one from ebay ?
      Hope some of you guys may share is experience in that swapping.

Comment

Working...
      X