Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2018 Mac Mini A1993 LogicBoard 639-06830 No boot,Blank display,Fan blasts briefly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2018 Mac Mini A1993 LogicBoard 639-06830 No boot,Blank display,Fan blasts briefly

I am trying to troubleshoot my 2018 Mac Mini. It all of a sudden would not respond/wake up. So i turned it off and turned it back on. When I power it up, the fan blasts hard for a second, then shuts off, power light may go off, then back on, sometimes blasting the fan again. It does this a few times then eventually(sometimes) the power light stays on and the fan runs at a normal speed, but with no HDMI/display. Nothing ever shows up on the display.(no sound, no chime, checked wifi router to see if it trys to connect, which it does not)

I have the Mac Mini completely disassembled and have checked some cap continuities/resistance, but I'm really not sure what the correct values are(still looking for a schematic). No obvious visual cues of burnt components

At this point i'm just looking for some suggestions, schematics. I do have some experience with soldering, and have meters and a handheld oscilloscope if needed.

Thanks!
    RP

L7210 ~3ohms
    L7230 ~3ohms
    L7250 ~3ohms
    L7330 ~7ohms
    L7310 : ~8ohms

to ground.

This screenshot shows these on the board top down in same order.(the text is small but its the 5 bigger squares next to the CPU/ram slot) Is this a shorted CPU? Do i need to desolder these coils and check resistance?
    Attached Files

Comment

Working...
    X