Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KRK Classic 5 popping and stops working

Hello,

I have a pair of KRK Classic 5's running through a Scarlett Solo, and I have owned both for around 2 years. Never had any problems, but today I encountered an issue where the speakers will loudly pop, and then stop producing any audio. Restarting my computer and unplug / replugging the interface temporarily fixes the issue, but turning the monitors off and on again does not. Between 1-10 minutes after fixing it starts again. It seems like streaming music / video makes the problem happen less frequently then audio work in my DAW, but still occurs nonetheless. I tried unplugging / replugging my entire set up, and it seemed to work better for around 15 minutes, and then the problem continued. Admittedly, my room suffers from a lot of dust, and I am not the best at keeping up with it. It's also worth noting that it has been a couple of days since I last used them, where they worked normally.

Thanks, skim

If you have to restart your computer so that you can hear audio playback, the problem is not with your KRK speakers, but with your audio interface, the Scarlett Solo.

A loud pop and then silent is usually an issue with the internal digital clock. The clock is needed to lock/sync during sampling. Without it, any conversion from analog to digital domain and from digital domain to analog will fail.

Comment

Working...
    X