X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• diif
    replied
    Re: LED Array Schematic Check?

You don't get flicker with those PWM controllers. I have the identical ones but bought from Ali at about the third of the price.

Leave a comment:

• EasyGoing1
    replied

Originally posted by sam_sam_sam View Post
    You could also use a PWM controller to dim the LEDs I have done this in the past you might need to use a filtering capacitor on the output so you do not see the switching of the PWM controller ( these controllers are very inexpensive to buy )
    Lets say if I went with PWM for the source, and I wanted to add an RC filter to smooth out the PWM as in this schematic ... since the circuit is calculated to consume 11 watts, would that resistor (R5) need to be a 15 Watt resistor?

Leave a comment:

• EasyGoing1
    replied

Originally posted by sam_sam_sam View Post
    You could also use a PWM controller to dim the LEDs I have done this in the past you might need to use a filtering capacitor on the output so you do not see the switching of the PWM controller

Because I also am going to use a LED yard light with a PWM controller to set to a certain brightness to save on battery power and not use a resistor to control them

Another option is use a switching power supply that can be adjustable voltage output I have a couple of them and they work pretty good and they are the same size as a laptop charger
    You mean use something like this?

Leave a comment:

• sam_sam_sam
    replied

You could also use a PWM controller to dim the LEDs I have done this in the past you might need to use a filtering capacitor on the output so you do not see the switching of the PWM controller ( these controllers are very inexpensive to buy )

Because I also am going to use a LED yard light with a PWM controller to set to a certain brightness to save on battery power and not use a resistor to control them

Another option is use a switching power supply that can be adjustable voltage output I have a couple of them and they work pretty good and they are the same size as a laptop charger
    Last edited by sam_sam_sam; 12-26-2021, 03:53 PM.

Leave a comment:

• EasyGoing1
    started a topic LED Array Schematic Check?

LED Array Schematic Check?

Was wondering if someone would double-check my design here. It's relatively simple. I used an online LED array calculator to get the core array specs. And for the potentiometer, I figured that since the sum of the parallel resistors (since I don't know the internal resistance of the LEDs) is 5.5 Ohms, that adding a 5 ohm pot for dimming would be sufficient, if not overkill possibly.

Each LED is rated at 3.2V 150ma

VCC = 19V from a laptop power supply, so it should be a fairly stable source voltage.

I need the thing to be stable and to be able to dim it. Does this design seem like it would fit that requirement?

And here is the PCB layout, front and back....

Last edited by EasyGoing1; 12-26-2021, 03:45 PM.
Working...
X