Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

getting up to date

Hello All
    I have been checking out this board and forum after finding blown caps on one of my EVGA graphics cards.

I would like to be able to fix my own digital hardware but I'm a little behind the times with my electrical engineering knowledge. Back when dinosaurs roamed the earth I made a five tube radio, yes folks I'm that old to have worked with tubes. SO life goes on and now I'm more towards the retirement part of my life, yea right retirement, And I would like to learn more about making things with ICs and other more modern components then tubes. But this means I need to educate myself. This is my question. How can I educate myself to be able to understand digital electronics? I don't know if you all know this but MIT has opened sourced it's classes.MIT open coursework They realized they weren't in the education business but rather the degree granting business so they give away the education for free. I have looked into following along with the classes they have but my god the books are expensive. It's a hundred dollars for just one book in one class and I will need a lot more then one class. Yes I know this is probably the best there is but maybe there is something for less that isn't the best.

Could someone point me in a good direction to learn more about electrical engineering without having to sell one of my kids?
Working...
X