Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BenQ FP71E

Hi.
    I have a huge problem. I have a BenQ FP71E LCD monitor.
    I will describe a little.

It has transparent (almost) power button and when I push it, the led behind it turns blue, than the display shows the title BenQ and after that he notices that he got no signal and goes to sleep, after that the led behind power button turns orange.

So it would be very nice if it would be like that right now too. but!
    here is the problem:

When I push my power button the led turns blue as it should do, but after 2 seconds it just turns off, without display monitoring big BenQ title, and without the led turning orange. no life except the start when it turns blue on 2 seconds.

So there is one huge cap on power board. I noticed that it is totally dead, so I replaced it with new one. but the problem have not gone.
    Right now i don't know what to do...

Please help!!!

Re: BenQ FP71E

Originally posted by rihardiii
    Hi.
    I have a huge problem. I have a BenQ FP71E LCD monitor.
    I will describe a little.

It has transparent (almost) power button and when I push it, the led behind it turns blue, than the display shows the title BenQ and after that he notices that he got no signal and goes to sleep, after that the led behind power button turns orange.

So it would be very nice if it would be like that right now too. but!
    here is the problem:

When I push my power button the led turns blue as it should do, but after 2 seconds it just turns off, without display monitoring big BenQ title, and without the led turning orange. no life except the start when it turns blue on 2 seconds.

So there is one huge cap on power board. I noticed that it is totally dead, so I replaced it with new one. but the problem have not gone.
    Right now i don't know what to do...

Please help!!!
    If you have the monitor hooked up to a working TV, does the power LED stay blue when the display goes black?

Also, pictures of the inside of the monitor will help (Please read the FAQ on inserting pictures).

PlainBill
    For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

can you please tell me how to hook up monitor with TV?!
      And the problem is: I don't have a TV, does the old CRT monitor can do?!

Comment

TV ? What are you both talking about?
        There are 10 kind of people in this world: those that understand binary, and those who don't.
        • ASUS ROG Maximus IX Code
        • Intel Core i5-7600K 3.8GHz
        • 16gb GSKILL TridentZ RGB DDR4-3200
        • 1 M2 SSD + 2 WD Blue 1TB (Mirrored)
        • Windows 10 Pro x64
        • GeForce GT1050
          2 x Acer KA240H + 1 Vewsonic VP2130 21 (a cap replacement job )

Comment

I'm fairly sure PB meant to hook it up to a valid video signal from a PC.
          Friends don't let friends buy Samsung ....

Comment

Oh....
            It doesn't matters where i plug it. just blue button and after 2 sec turns off...

Comment

Good point. Duct tape works.

Let's see if I can say what I meant.

If you have the monitor hooked up to a working computer, does the power LED stay blue when the display goes black?

Also, pictures of the inside of the monitor will help (Please read the FAQ on inserting pictures).

PlainBill
              For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

Oh....
                It doesn't matters where i plug it. just blue button and after 2 sec turns off...
                $@#!%%R@!! What turns off??? And where are the pictures of the inside of the monitor? I don't have a crystal ball, if you don't give useful information, I can't give you useful information.

There are two possible failures. One is so common it has a name.

1. Two seconds after the monitor is turned on, the backlights go off, but the power light stays on. This is called the 'two seconds to black' problem. It is a problem with either the power supply of the backlight system. You can search for that and find lots of suggestions.

2. This is much rarer. Several seconds after being plugged in, the power LED goes to orange and the backlights turn off even when the monitor is hooked to a working computer. This is a problem with the logic card.

PlainBill

Comment

Originally posted by PlainBill
                  $@#!%%R@!! What turns off??? And where are the pictures of the inside of the monitor? I don't have a crystal ball, if you don't give useful information, I can't give you useful information....
                  PlainBill

I've said more than once that the more info you give in, the more info you get out.
                  To the OP, you need to take pictures of the boards and post them (read the FAQ about posting or you are going to be yelled at by more than one person here.....). BenQs are notorious for the c5707 failures and cold solder joints, and we need to see with what we are dealing.
                  There are 10 kind of people in this world: those that understand binary, and those who don't.
                  • ASUS ROG Maximus IX Code
                  • Intel Core i5-7600K 3.8GHz
                  • 16gb GSKILL TridentZ RGB DDR4-3200
                  • 1 M2 SSD + 2 WD Blue 1TB (Mirrored)
                  • Windows 10 Pro x64
                  • GeForce GT1050
                    2 x Acer KA240H + 1 Vewsonic VP2130 21 (a cap replacement job )

Comment

ok ill do it but i can post them only after 1 week. but thank you all for helping..

Comment

I have just had the same fault on my BenQ 71E+ (ModelQ7C4).
                      The fault in my unit was caused by C712 (1000MF 10V) on the PSU board.
                      The cap manufacturer was Samicon (?) - part of the name was cut off.
                      Other markings on the cap are TK and 537C2(M).
                      There was another cap that was the same but measured OK on the ESR meter - but I changed it as well - to avoid future problems!
                      Cheers Gaz

Comment

Working...
                      X