Thank you to the guys at HEGE supporting Badcaps [ HEGE ] [ HEGE DEX Chart ]

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LGOLED55C8PLA Troubleshooting & end result.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LGOLED55C8PLA Troubleshooting & end result.

come this set to me from friends who told the screen ( WEBOS ) come for 1-2 seconds then switched off to stand by and do the same when he press power on RC.
    standby volts with this set are 7.8V and then went high to 13V after MB start the sets. then it back to 7,8 as standby after SOS shutdown.

disconnect all LVDS and ribbon cable and inspect them under loop. they are looking new !!

with out doubt my thought went to the OLED Modul. inspect the taps and all ceramic caps on it ..they are fine..
    after the last check with OLED Modul when i tun on the set it wont turn on, just the led indicator blink 2 time red then stay red ( stand by )...

when i knock the screen at corners the set come as original fault. so the OLED panel suspect .. disconnect the white socket from PWB to T-CON driver the set stay on and can notice the optic turn red and response to RC and INSTOP command too.

give the result to the owner and moved out the panel and indeed it had short cells. non repairable.

i shared it here to make other avoid to spend money on MB or T-CON at such fault.
    the last photo the LG look good as school class boards.

any one interest on whole boards include cables and winfi ir.. please contact me. as the owner want to sell them all at once..
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Diah; 04-25-2020, 12:34 PM.

Re: LGOLED55C8PLA Troubleshooting & end result.

Having a similar problem how did you determine the panel had short cells? I want to make sure before I quit. I already unfortunately replaced the t-con, mainboard and power supply. The set goes into SOS shut down. It only stays on with the t-con ffc disconnected.

Comment

Working...
    X