X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Burned mb on display plug. HP c5c49ea#abu; MB - 010170100-600g

Hi guis,
    So wen it must happens... it happens...
    I try to change broken display... I don't know way, but after I put the new one /it's not new, its from used laptop/, I burned the MB.

I upload pic from the burned place.
    So when I start the laptop at first it's fire the backlight of the screen and there is picture, but next the backlight is fading out, the burning place go hot, and the picture gone away.
    So for now I need electric diagram to see what is burned...
    I'm trying to find myself, if I do,I'll write back.
    Attached Files

Re: Burned mb on display plug. HP c5c49ea#abu; MB - 010170100-600g

So first I cleaned burned place. It now look like this...
    Attached Files

Comment

had you checked whether pins of the connector were shorted together or to ground?

Comment

The burnt component just above capacitor is a coil. Clean the Area and solder a coil there . It should work. This is quite common issue on this mb.

Comment

your mb is probably "Newton _CR&HR_HPC and schematic not available(not sure though). I'm attaching schematics for HP431 which is very close match to your mobo.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by mcplslg123 View Post
            The burnt component just above capacitor is a coil. Clean the Area and solder a coil there . It should work. This is quite common issue on this mb.
            So this FBB4 that is burned is coil? I was thinking that this is Fuse. Can you tell me what is exact name of the element?

Comment

Its a Coil and not a fuse. Just use one from scrap mb.

Comment

Originally posted by caspian View Post
                had you checked whether pins of the connector were shorted together or to ground?
                OK, I don't have specs for this 30-pin connector, I'll be glad if someone can find it, but I measure all pins and this is the results:
                Pins 6, 9, 12, 15, 18, 21, 24, and 28 are connected with ground.
                Pins 1 and 2 are connected
                Pins 29 and 30 are connected

Can someone confirm that this is OK?
                Attached Files
                Last edited by smaniak; 11-24-2017, 01:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mcplslg123 View Post
                  After removing the burned coil and clean the board, it still look messy.
                  On the pic, the cap and the coil is connected. Without schematic I hope that this is OK.
                  Attached Files

Comment

according the the schematics in post 5, the connector's pins are OK. So the short seems to be on another component or on the screen cable.

Comment

the cap and the coil must be connected.
                      Now connect the screen and measure resistance to GND on each pad under the coil that you removed. I mean the coil under which you drew a red line. check that the two pads should not be connected together.
                      Last edited by caspian; 11-24-2017, 04:15 PM.

Comment

according the the schematics in post 5, the connector's pins are OK. So the short seems to be on another component or on the screen cable.
                        OK, thank you, I find it too...
                        Attached Files

Comment

we should thank mcplslg123 for providing the closest schematics to this mainboard.

Comment

the cap and the coil must be connected.
                            Now connect the screen and measure resistance to GND on each pad under the coil that you removed. I mean the coil under which you drew a red line. check that the two pads should not be connected together.
                            So I connected the screen and I measured two pads with ground, they are not connected.

Comment

how much ohm on each pad?

Comment

how much ohm on each pad?
                                On the cap side 16kΩ
                                On the other side 22kΩ
                                Last edited by smaniak; 11-24-2017, 04:38 PM.

Comment

they seem OK. I have no more idea on what to check next.

Comment

OK, I put new coil and I connected the old/broken screen.
                                    The screen lit up, there is no heat on coil... I think is OK.
                                    ... should I try with the new screen... ... I'll try.
                                    Attached Files

Comment

was the display distorted like this before the burning happened?
                                      try to avoid the screen that caused the burning.

Comment

was the display distorted like this before the burning happened?
                                        try to avoid the screen that caused the burning.
                                        The display was broken and it came to me to change the display. When the burning happed I don't know. I assume that it happen when I put the new display.

Now I put the new display and everything is OK.

THANK YOU CASPIAN FOR YOUR SUPPORT.

Comment

Working...
                                        X