Sylvania lc370ss9 turns on for 10 sec. then to standby mode-my fix and pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sylvania lc370ss9 turns on for 10 sec. then to standby mode-my fix and pics

i got a sylvania lc370ss9 from someone that was getting rid of it because it would turn on then shut off and go to standby mode. so i took it apart and this is what i found see pics. the 2 wires going to connector CN1350 got hot and were touching each other and they burnt through the plastic casing on the wires and it was shorting it out. i know this was a quick fix but i just wanted to let people know what my problem was and the fix i had to make because i have been helped by others on this site especially tom66 and budm and a few others and figured i would hopefully help someone else or maybe not but atleast i tried. thanks to all that have helped me. if i get more tv's and get them fixed i will post all fixes that i made and problems i had. all i did was put electrical tape over the 2 wires i know i could of cut the wires and spliced them together and it would of been nicer and more reliable and safer too but i didn't.hopefully the band-aid fix will last the tv has been on for 3 hours and no burnt smell thankfully! the pics are of all the boards on the tv and the burnt wires just for future reference if anyone needs to use them and i haven't saw a thread on this tv yet cause i searched the model# even though it is an older tv.
    Attached Files

Re: Sylvania lc370ss9 turns on for 10 sec. then to standby mode-my fix and pics

Thanks for taking the trouble to show us the cause of the problem. All knowledge helps.

Comment

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=26417

I had the same issue on an LC370SS8 a few months ago.

Comment

Again, SAME exact problem. I was killing myself trying to find out what was wrong with this damn tv. No bad capacitors, no bad fuses. I went back to it today after a week to see if I might have missed something, & moved the wires. It was one of those 'duh!' moments. I did the same fix with electrical tape & it works fine! The first time I haven't had to solder something Came back here to see if I could help someone with the same problem. You made my day! Lol. Here's another pic anyway.
        Attached Files

Comment

Just got this TV from my brother-in-law who was about to throw it away. He gave it to me and said that I could keep it regardless if I could fix it or not. Guess what? Because of this forum, i was able to fix it! Easiest fix ever! Had the exact same problem with the wires. Put some electrical tape on it and spread them apart from each other and the thing works like a charm. Not bad for a free 37" TV. Thanks for the info!

Comment

I have LC320SS9 A Sylvania. Having same issue but no aparent "burnt or touching wires". No apparent bad caps. TV would power on with 12 blinking green lights, and at the 9th blinking light "DIGITAL TELEVISION" would appear. Then, back to RED stand by (....every time). Perhaps wishful thinking, the eaxct same symptoms described in another post here could possibly relate to this TV yet wires are clean and far apart. Maybe I'll pull the board and hopehully notice substance causing possible arching at board at that location(s). BTW pulled all 5, 2 wire CN connectors (Pink and White) OFF power/inverter board. Powered on and same EXACT thing happened as described. Maybe caps then, not sure yet?

Comment

hi i have a sylvania lc320sl1. it worked fine last nite i came home today went to turn tv on it turned on for a sec and went to standby i took back off there is no leaking diodes or compacitors and no burnt wires either can anyone give me any help please

Comment

Bingo. thank you very much for posting this.

Comment

insulation breakdown .. poor materials that dont age well .

Comment

Working...
                  X