Thank you to the guys at HEGE supporting Badcaps [ HEGE ] [ HEGE DEX Chart ]

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to deal with huge LCD screen when we are replacing the TV LED backlight?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone have a better way to deal with 70-inch TV or above LCD screens which are very easy to break when we change the LED backlight?

I'd broken 10 TV screens already.

One of my friend has 75 inch edge TV with one LED not working. I said : just leave it alone.

Is there a better way to ensure that the LED TV screen will not break? I need 100%. I can't afford the Robot either.
    Last edited by capwizard; 01-29-2019, 11:12 AM.

Re: How to deal with huge LCD screen when we are replacing the TV LED backlight?

will screen vacuum sucker help?

the answer is .....use your hands! at 3:05

LED TV ASSEMBLY PROCESS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBOjR-XI_kU

LED TV ASSEMBLY PROCESS..... Shouldn't that be a production line? and he smiled and enjoyed his one-man job.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by capwizard; 01-29-2019, 10:56 PM.

Comment

Re: How to deal with huge LCD screen when we are replacing the TV LED backlight?

Keshenatech1:
      I've done a lot of LED strips on TV's up to 65" and haven't broken one yet. (knocks on wood lol). What I use is the front and back panels from an empty cereal box. 1st tape the ribbon cable boards to the top of the screen with masking tape being careful to not stress the ribbon cables. Masking tape is good because it removes easily and won't leave any sticky residue on the screen. Carefully work the cardboard sheets under the display glass and carefully slide all the way around to unstick any spots that may be stuck down. Then position them in the center of the top and bottom edge with only a couple inches sticking out. Then carefully lift it from underneath with the cardboard trying not to touch the bottom side with your bare hand. It helps to fold the cardboard about 2" from the edge then you can grab the edge of the screen with the fold. And usually when I do this, I have it sitting on the floor and put down an old beach towel next to it to set the glass on so I don't have far to go. The key is holding it top and bottom center, not the long way on the left and right side, or it will buckle in the middle and break just about every time. Take your time and go very slow. You don't want any sudden motion to make it bend, or even worse bump into something with it.
      Btw I found this thread because I'm working on a Philips 55PFL4901 very similar model with the exact same symptom. When I get back to the shop tomorrow I'm going to measure the voltages on the individual LED arrays and suspect I'll find a similar issue.

I did not understanded what he was saying but I've used the cardboards to move the screens and to store the screens for later on jobs. I cut one TV box and I got two cardboards to use.

Are there any better ways to do it?
      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
      X