Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Audio capactors, what are they? Whats about their esr?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Audio capactors, what are they? Whats about their esr?

Measuring burn-in is not done by way of a 'sound component'.
    It's 'measurable' by way of an elecron microscope or an optical comparator.

That said:
    Audiophools don't even agree on what good sound -is-,,,,
    .. so how can they possibly agree on what parts are best to achieve -it-?

Money pit like a boat... Yes...

Mann-Made Global Warming.
    - We should be more concerned about the Intellectual Climate.

-
    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
    -
    You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
    -

Comment

I've got the coveted "golden ears"...... Blow a dog whistle in my presence and be amazed!

Even with unusually able ears I cannot hear the difference in electrolytics in an amp unless the component is badly out of spec.

I also cannot hear any difference in interconnect once you progress beyond plain RG59 cable.... not can I hear the difference between my type SJOOW power cable and $2/foot stuff in regards to speaker wire.

We were using crazy transparent speakers....a wonderful if not hideously impractical design a friend and I cooked up when we were still called teenagers LOL. Almost a meter tall... a half meter wide and 1/4 meter deep approximately. Drivers are a Dayton Series II 12" woofer, a Dayton RS-150 6" midrange and a Morel MDT-20 1 1/8" tweeter. Sealed mid/tweeter box, dual ported woofer box...all done on a computer with Win ISD.

Comment

Crazy transparent speakers designed by WinISD? You may as well have used pre made crossovers.

Comment

Working...
        X