Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LG 60PZ250T-ZB fault

Hi Everyone,
    I'm new here so sorry if I ask obvious or already answered questions.
    I have the above plasma TV since mid 2012 and its worked fine up until today.

I'm getting what looks like vertical blue banding intermittently (only about 10% of the time, but I'm afraid of it getting more frequent), at other times I'm getting purple/blue areas and sometimes slight horizontal ghosting/dragging when I use the menus. I downloaded the service manual, I checked the Va and Vs voltages, they were very slightly high, so I reduced them, no change.
    While I had the tv open, I cleaned out alot of dust, while aware of static electricity dangers.

One thing I thought was interesting was that I can make the fault temporarily go away or manifest itself by changing the screen brightness and it seem to either start or go away when the scene I'm watching changes as if certain screen images cause the problem, like the tv cant handle them..

From the manual, the problem kinda looks like scan type mal-discharge which would indicate the y-sus board and/or the t-com board,

The tv firmware is 3.13.33.

I guess what I'm asking is that could this be a cable/connector fault or is this possibly the start of the end of the panel itself ?

I can source both the y-sus and t-com boards on ebay.

any help and suggestions would be very appreciated,
    Dave
    Last edited by David Lillis; 10-22-2017, 02:42 PM.

Re: LG 60PZ250T-ZB fault

shut it down. pull the ysus and zsus out, have a very close examination of the solders particularly on thos large coils. Chances are they are broken hence the intermitency. Or keep using it and eventually the ZSUS will likely pop and short out the IGBTs.

Images always handy of the display fault, common issues with these I believe though. Done a couple , both had blown ZSUS and broken joints onthe coils. Image issues are the early warning.

Comment

Hi,
      Many thanks for the rapid response,
      I've attached 3 pics, does this look like a problem you've seen before ?
      I seen several big copper like inductor coils on the boards, are these the ones you're on about ?

One thing that surprised me was how hot the heatsinks get on the y-sus board, it would be better off with a low noise fan on it

Thanks
      Dave.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by David Lillis; 10-22-2017, 03:16 PM.

Comment

Shut down the tv!!!!!
        Take off the back and remove the zsus and the ysus boards.
        Look under the boards where the big copper coils go through the board. Most likely cracked solder joints.
        I would touch up all the solder on everything that is attached to a heatsink.
        Check all solder joints just to be sure.

Comment

Many thanks for your reply.
          Wow!, it sounds like I might have dodged a bullet here !!

I've the tv unplugged from the mains.

I'm away from home from now until Friday so I wont be able to look at the back of the tv until then, when I do I'll will report back what I find. It will be left powered down for now.

Many thanks,
          Dave.

Comment

The ones I've seen were the ones where they were used until they went bang. I think that will be as we've suggested. Yes, if treated early should be good.

Comment

Working...
            X