Problem with my ASUS X51R bios

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with my ASUS X51R bios

Hello to everyone. I have a problem with my ASUS X51R laptop. A few months ago, the system did not open because the CMOS battery is low (?) and asked for the CMOS password. I couldn't find the password and I had to replace the bios battery (took me a few hours). It worked well for the past 2 months.

Now it says the same thing: CMOS battery low and asks for the password. I finally found the password for the laptop, but after I enter it, it goes straight to the BIOS setup where I have no idea what to do. I thought that after I enter the bios password it will enter Windows, but it enters the BIOS setup.

Do you have any idea what should I do in the bios setup to make the windows run? Or do I have to change the bios battery again (once every 2 months...)? Thanks a lot!

Re: Problem with my ASUS X51R bios

Place a new RTC battery, enter the BIOS, load BIOS defaults and Exit Saving Settings. If the problem persists the there are faulty components on the motherboard.

Comment

Re: Problem with my ASUS X51R bios

The other option is to flash the BIOS. If anything goes wrong though, you will need a programmer and skills to take the BIOS chip out, program it and solder it back.

Comment

Working...
      X