No announcement yet.

Surface 4 Pro BIOS locked

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Surface Pro 4 - UEFI password removal please?

Originally posted by RethoricalCheese View Post
    Yes, that's all it takes. The tricky part is knowing the exact byte to modify
    can you tell what byte to modify?
    replacing what with what? (the byte at the offset 00606620)
    Your help will be much appreciated.

Comment

Re: Surface Pro 4 - UEFI password removal please?

i have a SP4 i7 6th gen 8gb 256gb model.

Comment

Re: Surface 4 Pro BIOS locked

Originally posted by lweas View Post
        Hi there i have extensiively read almost all of your replies relating to SP4.
        I myself also have a SP4 bitlocker plus UEFI locked, i was wondering is it possible to decrypt the UEFI pass without desoldering as in the case with SP3?

No need to remove thee password just getting the old one is enough.
        And if not and i desolder and send you the dump and you do manage to remove the pass, will i lose my Serial and other data in the UEFI menu?
        your reply is much appreiated O wise one.
        post the bios, and someone will help you..nothing of the bios information is lost ..
        Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

Hi there i have extensiively read almost all of your replies relating to SP4.
          I myself also have a SP4 bitlocker plus UEFI locked, i was wondering is it possible to decrypt the UEFI pass without desoldering as in the case with SP3?

No need to remove thee password just getting the old one is enough.
          And if not and i desolder and send you the dump and you do manage to remove the pass, will i lose my Serial and other data in the UEFI menu?
          your reply is much appreiated O wise one.

If you really did read my posts, I have said multiple times that surface pro 4 password cant be decrypted.
          Only one byte is modified, which disables the password, thus no serials or other information is lost (I don't consider it an unlock if theres any information lost besides password/security settings)

Comment

If you really did read my posts, I have said multiple times that surface pro 4 password cant be decrypted.
            Only one byte is modified, which disables the password, thus no serials or other information is lost (I don't consider it an unlock if theres any information lost besides password/security settings)
            yes i did read many of your contributions and i do understand it can't be decrypted as of yet.
            But does disabling it allow to reset it to some new password? Removing the old one completely in the process.
            As of now i am stuck in a training institute will be sent home on 20th January will send you the BIOS dump then.
            Can you guide on how to understand BIOS and learning what to modify what not to modify?
            Your help uptill now has been greatly appreciated Thankyou.

Comment

Re: Surface 4 PRO i7 - bios pwd - please remove

Originally posted by keczuk View Post
              thanks
              is your model surface pro 4 i7 8gb 256gb?
              I have lost my BIOS+CHIP broken so i am looking for same model one.

Comment

This
                here it is labelled old.zip
                Hope it works out
                Last edited by SMDFlea; 03-25-2023, 06:39 AM.

Comment

here it is labelled old.zip
                  Hope it works out

Here you go.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Here you go.
                    ThankYou its unlocked but no matter what i do it does not Boot from the USB, i tried fresh windows10 downloaded iso, i tried backup from recovery media i even tried to boot into UBUNTU live media but no such luck.
                    Any Ideas?

Comment

ThankYou its unlocked but no matter what i do it does not Boot from the USB, i tried fresh windows10 downloaded iso, i tried backup from recovery media i even tried to boot into UBUNTU live media but no such luck.
                      Any Ideas?
                      Is your Secure Boot turned off ?
                      Did you try using Rufus to create a bootable USB with GPT and UEFI options ?

Comment

Re: Microsoft Surface Pro 3 UEFI password

Dear Forum,

I bought a surface pro 4 from eBay and got ripped off by the seller since it has a BIOS/UEFI lock. I tried to get a dump of the BIOS using the FPTW64, but I get the error:

Error 316: Protected Range Registers are currently set by BIOS, preventing flash access.

I used the Intel CSME System Tools v11 r30 for this Surface Pro model.

Can you help me out please on how to get the BIOS dump? So that I can share it here over here and hopefully, you can help me out with the password?

Thanks again.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by jangut4 View Post
                          Hello, i bought the Tablet 2 years ago on eBay, since then the bios is locked by a password. I have seen some people here that are able to retrieve the password by a bios dump. I dumped the bios with "Universal BIOS Backup Toolkit 2.0" since the Intel FPT returned "Error 361, Protected Range Registers are currently set by BIOS..."

Im asking since my battery is dead anyways and i would like to unlock it in the progress of changing the battery, so i would have physical access to the bios chip aswell

Greetings from Germany
                          Hello,

I have a similar issue. Has there been any update to this issue? Any resolutions?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by skylurler46 View Post
                            Hello,

I have a similar issue. Has there been any update to this issue? Any resolutions?

Thanks
                            Read through this thread again.

1. It will not work using FPT ,you will need to desolder the bios chip.

2. The chip is WSON8 so you will need an adapter,there are cheap ones on aliexpress/ebay.

Once you have the bios post it here and someone will fix it, or your other option is to send it back for a refund as it is not as described / not working. Ebay has a good return policy.

Last edited by SMDFlea; 02-18-2021, 04:48 PM.
                            All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Thank you so much for your speedy response!

The FPT was bit easier, but I understand it is not the solution for SP4.

Plus I tried here in my location for people who can work with electronics, but they refused citing that they don't/never worked with Surface devices .

I guess I have to hope that eBay helps me with the refund!

Thanks once again for the advice!

Comment

Re: Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (1703) UEFI Password

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
                                Try this bios.

this bios file is good for surface 5 1796? as I'm looking for bios file to re-write and remove the UEFI password

Comment

Re: Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (1703) UEFI Password

You would need to read and modify your own bios.

Comment

Re: Microsoft Surface Pro 4 clean bios backup

Hello
                                    Im a new user here and want to ask for some help
                                    Could anybody help me to remove uefi password from backup,and explain what Microsoft Surface tab 4 pro clearme bios doing?
                                    Thx in advance

Comment

Re: Microsoft Surface Pro 4 clean bios backup

Originally posted by rado777 View Post
                                      Hello
                                      Im a new user here and want to ask for some help
                                      Could anybody help me to remove uefi password from backup,and explain what Microsoft Surface tab 4 pro clearme bios doing?
                                      Thx in advance
                                      try..

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=88533
                                      Attached Files
                                      Last edited by peste; 03-30-2021, 01:04 AM.
                                      Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

Comment

microsoft surface pro 4

file got password ......looking for password removel

Comment

Re: microsoft surface pro 4

Originally posted by alihomee View Post
                                          file got password ......looking for password removel
                                          try..
                                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                          X