Panasonic TC-P50S30 7 Blinks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panasonic TC-P50S30 7 Blinks

So a neighbor just gave me this set with no picture and 7 blinks.

Per the service manual it is a SC, SD or SU problem. or maybe all 3.

I disconnected the SC ribbon cable and power connection and then turned the set on...with this configuration it was blinking 8 times (manual says SS board).

The manual indicates that there is a LED on both the SC and SS board...I can find no lit LED's on either board.

I looked it over and can't find any obvious damage...no blow caps, loose connections etc..

With the no LED's could it be the power board?

What would be the best way to isolate this problem?

I will tackle the set with a multi meter tomorrow...thanks for the help.

Re: Panasonic TC-P50S30 7 Blinks

Do you have a multi meter? THese are notorious for blowing the sc board.
    If you measure the 2 pins at sc2,you will find them shorted.

Repair kit:
    http://www.shopjimmy.com/panasonic-t...-tc-p50s30.htm
    Proud owner of dozens of broken TV's and many,many,many boards.

Our website and passion:http://hollenhundshepherds.com/

Comment

No continuity between the 2 pins at SC2

Comment

Originally posted by ultimatt View Post
        No continuity between the 2 pins at SC2
        If sc2 is not shorted then I'd try the sd/su isolation test. Remove the 4 vfg gnd screws from the sd/su boards. Disconnect buffers from the sc board (3 white connectors). Then on the sc board jumper the 2 pins at sc50 and turn on tv see if it 7 blinks still. That will prove if sc is ok

Comment

Originally posted by tw2005 View Post
          If sc2 is not shorted then I'd try the sd/su isolation test. Remove the 4 vfg gnd screws from the sd/su boards. Disconnect buffers from the sc board (3 white connectors). Then on the sc board jumper the 2 pins at sc50 and turn on tv see if it 7 blinks still. That will prove if sc is ok
          That is my next step...weird thing is I checked the buffer connectors for a SD or SU short to ground and could not find one..from past experience an IC short to ground has always been the problem in the past...

Comment

OK, so jumped SC50 with buffer connections and ground screws removed.

Got a solid power LED and the LED's on the SC and SS board both lit.

How can I isolate the problem further to the SD / SU board?

Connect them one at a time and power on with their interconnecting ribbon cable removed?

Also, I lack the ability to repair the board(s) myself can someone recommend a shop they have experience with for this? I see multiple ads on Ebay for this service.

Thanks.

Comment

Well, Looks like it is an SU problem. There are shorts to ground at both the SU2 and SU3 ribbon connectors.

If I disconnect SU from both the SC and SD boards and power up will this give me a steady LED and confirm that the SU is the only problem?

Thanks.

Comment

Su shorted was going to be my next guess. I have 3 similar model. Shorted sc2 caused a lock out. 2 models 7 blinks both su shorted both onl y 1 buffer ic appeared shorted.
                There are people offering repair of these both on ebay and pts electronics inc.

Also heatsinked version from higher specced models will work.

Good luck

Comment

Last edited by tw2005; 04-02-2016, 12:31 PM.

Comment

"Also heatsinked version from higher specced models will work."

Do you happen to have some parts numbers for a heatsinked SU's that will work? If I go that route would I need to replace the SU and SD as a pair?

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by ultimatt View Post
                      "Also heatsinked version from higher specced models will work."

Do you happen to have some parts numbers for a heatsinked SU's that will work? If I go that route would I need to replace the SU and SD as a pair?

Thanks.
                      I used the AG revision on mine but worth noting on your US S30 model the SU has a cap at C640 which you may want to swap over from your dead bard if you choose.

My TV had the AM rev and went with the AG with no issues.

Comment

Working...
                      X