Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vertical lines in Samsung UE40F7000SL

Hi there!
    A friend's TV set has started to show some vertical lines .
    Im attaching 2 pictures of it. Sorry they were taking thru the display glass, he has it in his store and couldn't get anything better at that time.
    The photos show horizontal lines but the TV set was sidewise 90º (portrait), so they are actually vertical lines.
    As you can see there's a bunch of lines all together, and them some others farther, scattered...
    My 1st guess is a cold solder in the T-con board
    My second guess is some faulty/loose flex ribbon cables between driver board and LCD.

Does this issue look familiar to anyone? He just wants to know if this is fixable at a decent budget

Thanks!
    Attached Files

Re: Vertical lines in Samsung UE40F7000SL

The FFCs from the T-CON Bd to the Driver/Panel Bds could be defective. Remove them and give them a good cleaning, be careful not to damage the little gold fingers you would be cleaning. Inspect the FFCs to verify they are in good repair. Ensure they are properly seated. The inspect the FPCs that go from the Driver/Panel Bds to the Panel to verify they are in good repair. Press the FPCs where they are glued to the Panel while the TV is on to see if the problem clears. If nothing works they you do have a bad Panel.

Comment

Ok I will check that, he said that after he disassembled the TV to give it a quick visual check, it got worse, so maybe he touched or moved wires around the T-con board / LCD.
      I will keep you posted
      Thanks

Comment

so the writing is also vertical ?

Comment

No, the image is fine, he has the TV in portrait mode and the PPT is designed for portrait mode. He uses it in his store´s display

Comment

Working...
          X