Thank you to the guys at HEGE supporting Badcaps [ HEGE ] [ HEGE DEX Chart ]

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dell G2210t lines on screen distorted text is it a bad screen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dell G2210t lines on screen distorted text is it a bad screen?

Have this Dell G2210t that I can't figure out. Has a LED backlit screen.

It starts up with lots of vertical lines, and returns to that when coming back from sleep mode.

I changed almost all the caps for nice Panasonic FR's. Even though none looked bad, they were Suscons, so I changed all but the tiniest ones.

The power is good, and after a while, the screen brightens up, the vertical lines kind of go away, but there are fine horizontal lines that stay, sort of looking like corduroy pants. The text remains hard to read, like it isn't all there.

It did pop briefly for a second into full good once, but just for a couple seconds and was gone, did not return.

I always see people ask in trying to find some answers in the forum, if the menu is clear or affected the same way; it is affected the same way.

So, I am posting pics that I hope show these issues, and I am wondering if anyone has expertise with this model and/or this issue; do I have a bad screen or might it be something else?

If a bad screen panel, I haven't seen them for sale except for ridiculous prices, so it's basically a parts model now.

The screen panel is: LG, LM220WE5 (TL) (A1)

I can submit pics of the boards as well if needed. There are no obvious flaws.

Anyone help?
    Attached Files

Re: Dell G2210t lines on screen distorted text is it a bad screen?

Nice pictures. That helps a lot. It looks to me like a bad T-Con board. I think your lcd panel is fine. It might be the main board, but the picture looks pretty good. Then the data gets scrambled a little in the T-Con board, on the way to the lcd panel (I believe). Try reseating the T-Con ribbons and see if that fixes it. If not, please post pictures of your main board and the T-Con board.
    I'm attaching 3 pics of the symptoms of a bad T-Con board from 2 Dell 2408WFP's. You can compare.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Lumberjack777; 07-28-2013, 12:20 AM.

Comment

Sorry it's been so long since I've revisited this topic.

It sure looks like the bad T-con board as you have described.

However, pardon my ignorance, but I thought the t-con board was only in TV's? I have to pull this back out of the box in the garage and take apart again, but there were three boards in it, a main board, PS board, and a real small board labeled as the inverter board, seems to mostly be a couple transformers on it.

Which board is it? Or, is it the board on the back of the lcd panel all covered up?

I would like to just get a used board for it if I can find it reasonable enough to make fixing this worthwhile.

Thanks!

Comment

Probably bad LCD panel: tab bonds issue is possible. The t-con is not a replaceable item (it will be bonded to the LCD glass most likely.)
        Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
        For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Working...
        X