Panasonic, no flashing red lights but won’t power on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panasonic, no flashing red lights but won’t power on

Hi, just wanted to see if anyone can help a little with this tv.
    I bought a Panasonic tx-p50u30b a little while back I knew to be faulty and finally got round to stripping it.
    Upon startup the the green power light comes on as normal and the relay clicks as though it's about to produce an image, however, nothing happens and around 40 secs or so later the relay clicks again as if it's trying to turn it on.
    There are no lights flashing to diagnose just the solid green light.
    Now I stripped the back off and measured the volts coming in to the standby on the power board, but there's 2 standby pins ‘see 1st pic', the stby5v reads 4.83v whereas the stby5v_on only reads 0.03v , is that ok? Further down the pins the first and second f15v reads 15.36v whereas the last two only read 1.07v.
    I've checked the C561 resistor and that's at 5v where it should be but the tp82 only reads 1.06v whereas that should read 15v.
    Any idea as to what could be wrong? I'm leaning towards the power board but haven't ruled out the t-con board. If it is the power board, any idea what will have gone?
    All help is greatly appreciated and any more pics or info just let me know too.
    Thanks

Re: Panasonic, no flashing red lights but won't power on

Comment

sounds like A-board to me. It turns on, no display, no error blinks, resets , turns on again and so on.

The no error codes for me suggests it's on the A-board. Everything else is pretty well monitored by it so if a voltage was incorrect or missing it would present an error blink.

Let me know when you find the T-con board. No such beast in a panasonic plasma. That is a LCD TV item traditionally.

Comment

Heh heh, maybe that’s why it isn’t working ��
        Can’t get a main board from anywhere at the moment, is it the chip that’s likely to have gone do you think?
        Tnph0954 boards are like rocking horse ��

Comment

I have the same model TV (tx-p50u30b)with a dead power board, does anyone know where I can get a service manual for it, I can find for lots of models but this one seems to be a rare breed. Thanks

Comment

Mine is slightly different problem Red light on Relay clicks after 40 seconds relay gives 1 click then 3 short clicks and repeats every 40 seconds, No blinking Led
            Standby voltage on pin 6 is 5v but nothing returning from the A board. Anybody any details on components for standby mode, I am assuming its A board Fault and not PSU. I cannot find any other voltages on PSU but if its stuck in standby this would be normal?

Andy

Comment

Working...
            X