Thank you to the guys at HEGE supporting Badcaps [ HEGE ] [ HEGE DEX Chart ]

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need help finding a non-standard keyboard layout/spec.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help finding a non-standard keyboard layout/spec.

This has been something I'm constantly blowing my mind out trying to hunt down and cannot seem to find a match in any regard. I have always been used to a certain keyboard layout where it has...

1) no media keys
    2) DIN or Mini-Din(ps-2) - NOT USB
    3) isn't overly bulky
    4) Straight spacebar and Enter/return key.
    5) Mechanical (Alps, Cherry, or even Buckling spring)
    6) The home-square must be one row lower (No gap between arrowkeys and itself)

This is the current keyboard I have that matches everything BUT the key type (it's membrane... *grumble*).
    The volume/sleep buttons on the top right I'd semi-permanently fixed to make unusable. They don't mix well with cats otherwise.

I have actually asked WASD and Ducky about such a layout and they replied with no plans to ever do so even as a custom job. So, lowering standards a bit where possible as I can just replace the keycaps with what I want and paint the casing to the colour I want. The only issue is the layout that's holding me back from getting exactly what I want.

I used to have a 'Keyboard 98' generic keyboard back in the days with ALPS keycaps which were really nice overall until it went 'missing' due to supposedly being stolen. My brother always complained about my heavy typing and the keyboard being so damned loud .
    I miss it a fair bit as it also ironically actually had some form of rollover for 3 keys rather than the usual 2 as well which was nice despite being a generic.
    Last edited by chozo4; 09-30-2014, 11:25 PM.
    Even crap caps can be useful... such as blank rounds for prop gunfights.
Working...
X