Thank you to the guys at HEGE supporting Badcaps [ HEGE ] [ HEGE DEX Chart ]

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Razor Blade Steath 13" RZ09-01963 plugged in Not Charging (new battery)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Razor Blade Steath 13" RZ09-01963 plugged in Not Charging (new battery)

Hey All!

Long time forum member here with a problematic laptop issue!

I got a RZ09-0196 with a bloated battery (still worked and charged fine) I pulled the old cell pack out and installed a new cell pack in its place.

The laptop would not power on with the new battery installed without the power supply being plugged in.

When booting into Win10 (all up to date BTW) I saw the battery icon with 49% plugged in not charging.

TL;Dr version, old battery worked, charged but was bloated, installed a new non OEM replacement, laptop/windows fails to recognize new battery, new battery in tool box shows, 49% plugged in not charging.

So I did some GoogleFu and tried some of these "how to solve" the issue techniques.

1. I deleted the ACPI battery compliant control Method from the Device Manager, powered off the laptop, removed the battery plug and powered up the laptop with the battery unplugged and saw that the ACPI was showing up again with no battery installed or plugged into the laptop, the icon on the tool bar showed no battery installed. Powered down the laptop again and plugged in the battery but still the laptop did not power on with only battery.

2. I pulled the new battery pack out and put the original back in and the laptop powered on under battery only power and when plugged back in to the wall mains the charging light came on as it should. I then deleted ACPI BCCM from Device Manager again with OEM battery plugged in, powered down the Laptop, removed the old cells and replaced back with the new cells and again, not powered on under battery only, loaded windows on AC power and still the same 49% plugged in not charging message.

3. I have updated ALL system components via RAZOR installer including BIOs And Intel i7 SA-00086, 00086 and 00125 series patches and driver fixes ect ect, still not able to get the laptop to recognize the new battery.

Anyone have any other suggestions? I guess I could order another new battery for this but they are not cheap, I do not think the new battery I have is bad I feel there is some sort of issue between the BIOS and Windows for non OEM replacements because the old battery when plugged in works and charges fine.

Thank you for looking!
    Last edited by Shinju; 10-20-2021, 05:06 PM.

Re: Razor Blade Steath 13" RZ09-01963 plugged in Not Charging (new battery)

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...50&postcount=2
    2.2. Battery not charging
    First thing is to try another battery. Then try another battery. Finally try another battery. 99% of battery problems are the battery itself, even "new", market is filled with garbage batteries.
    OpenBoardView — https://github.com/OpenBoardView/OpenBoardView

Comment

Working...
    X