Samsung Curved monitor C27FG70FQU with garbled vertical lines on startup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung Curved monitor C27FG70FQU with garbled vertical lines on startup

I acquired a faulty curved Samsung C27FG70FQU which has the quite common problem of just showing weird vertical lines for a while after a cold boot.

The issue is pretty bad with this one and it takes about 15 minutes before things normalize and a proper image is displayed. Once a proper image is shown it will work 100% until the display is shut down or put in standby for a while and allowed to cool for a bit.

Even though this seems to be a quite common issue I haven't really found any information regarding what the root cause is and how to fix it. There is this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAZ9UlcAoNA where the problem is seemingly bypassed by removing a resistor which is in parallel with another one.

I don't have the same board as in the video but I also noticed that blowing cool compressed air on a specific area on the PCB with some resistors will allow the picture to normalize for a second or so until it goes all distorted again. I tried replacing the resistors in question with lower value ones but it did not seem to make any real difference...

Has anyone been able to properly diagnose and fix issues such as these?

I've attached a picture with the resistors in question, I'm not quite sure yet if it is the lone resistor on the left or the group on the right which reacts to the cold spray. I've resoldered pretty much all of the components shown in the picture but it did not make any difference at all.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by jackster; 02-13-2023, 02:02 PM.

Re: Samsung Curved monitor C27FG70FQU with garbled vertical lines on startup

I had a monitor with that problem and it was because of the flex cable.

Comment

Working...
    X