Dell 15.BW011DX LA-E841P Power On Then Off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dell 15.BW011DX LA-E841P Power On Then Off

Hi guys gooday.I got a Dell Labtop that came to me with loud fan spin and won't power on.When I connect to dc Power supply it would just start drawing about 500 milliamps for 3 seconds then stop.I opened it up and there was a burnt Mosfet as in the picture below.I also provided a picure of the mosfet i replaced on the board.I think it's for CPU VCORE not certain. There is no schematic available for this model.So i luckily had a brand new N channel mosfet 30V i replaced the Mosfet.Then when i press power button still will try to start then will shut off.With 3 seconds fan spin too.So i flashed the bios and then I noticed almost all voltages on the rails shows up for 3 seconds as soon as i press power button the 3v and 5v plus memory rail and also cpu vcore shows up for 3 seconds then off.It draws about 750 milliamps now then still shuts off.Can you guys confirm if maybe when the mosfet died it killed CPU? The Charging LED glows constantly when i plug in the charger. When i press the power button and it tries to start i notice the Charger LED goes off then when it shuts off then the LED comes back on.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by platinumsteel; 03-16-2023, 09:37 PM. Reason: forgot to put Title

Re: Dell 15.BW011DX LA-E841P Power On Then Off

Without schematics its hard to tell whether the burnt mosfet is high side mosfet or not but it certainly seems part of cpu core circuit which doesnt bode well. you may be looking at a damaged cpu.

Comment

Re: Dell 15.BW011DX LA-E841P Power On Then Off

Okay thanks a lot for replying.Will try to see what parts i can savage from it.

Comment

Working...
      X