DYNEX DX55L-150A11 Randomly turns off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: DYNEX DX55L-150A11 Randomly turns off

Had any luck with n802? Got the same problem here. N802 shuts down tv with heat. But only if.
    its been on a while. Wierd..n802 is a pwm controller
    Did I leave the soldering iron on?

Comment

I replaced N802. I haven't fully tested it yet but I think it fixed the problem
      I assume no responsibility for any stupid suggestions I might post.

Comment

Where did you get the IC? Shopjimmy has it but don't want the whole kit. Don't want to spend the 24 bucks.

Comment

I got mine here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/252299704471...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
          I also replaced some feedback resistors as voltage on main cap was 357v. Now 391v so don't know if that factors in
          Last edited by dskall; 03-27-2017, 09:46 AM.

Comment

If you purchasd 5 of em would you mind sending me one? I'll pay whatever plus shipping. I'm up near Sacramento.

Comment

OK I listed on ebay. Easiest for me to do. May not list immediately.
              Last edited by dskall; 03-27-2017, 12:10 PM. Reason: link no good

Comment

Thanks bud

Comment

Wow, I was having similar problems and found this fresh thread and I had to make a post.

So I have the Dynex DX55L-150A11 and it also shuts off until I unplug the power. It doesn't do it randomly. When my TV shuts off its usually from when the screen is displaying very bright White Light. So lets say I'm watching a show that has flashes in action scene, it will shut off. Sometimes I use my screen to stream Netflix from the PC through HDMI and If I open a full screen tab and its all white it will shut off. I suspect it must be related to the backlight inverter but I haven't taken it apart yet.

Any suggestions of troubleshooting before I do attempt to take it apart.

Comment

Turn down your backlights and see if it continues to shutdown.
                    Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

Replace n802 on power supply. It's gone bad.

Comment

I turned down the brightness, it has mostly prevented the shut offs, but now I can barely watch it lol. I guess I'll be waiting for that chip from China?

Comment

I think freakaftr8 has nailed the problem.
                          Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

Originally posted by Burningstariv View Post
                            I turned down the brightness, it has mostly prevented the shut offs, but now I can barely watch it lol. I guess I'll be waiting for that chip from China?
                            EBay item no. 322465138482

Dskall has 3 left I believe. Coming out of .CA so shipping wont take too long

Replace this guy and you're good to go
                            Last edited by freakaftr8; 03-31-2017, 11:13 AM.

Comment

I gotta say thank you guys for all the help man you are all awesome! I'll update after I purchase and install it.

Comment

Seems he took down his listing. No Results for the item number.
                                Dskall if you wanna sell me an extra I would greatly appreciate Ill cover the shipping and extra for your time.

Comment

Ok relisted one more. May not list right away.

Comment

So the customer stated that it worked great all night long and then he turned it on this morning with the same symptom. I'm not really worried sure where to go from here besides replacing the power supply

Comment

Well original op said replacing power supply fixed problem. I still have tv so will run it more to see if it turns off. Not going to replace power supply, if it still fails until I fix problem.

Comment

You said you replaced some feedback resistors. Which ones did you replace?

Comment

Originally posted by freakaftr8 View Post
                                          So the customer stated that it worked great all night long and then he turned it on this morning with the same symptom. I'm not really worried sure where to go from here besides replacing the power supply
                                          I really hate faults like this and it looses customer confidence in us too but faults like this are really hard to fault find plus how long should we be soak testing/powering on and off a set etc as most customers want a quick fix.

Comment

Working...
                                          X