Toshiba satellite a105-s4074 problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Toshiba satellite a105-s4074 problem

I tried to upgrade the ram and on restart it's just a black screen. I put the original ram back in to see if it was the new ram and the same thing. I plugged in a lcd and it gets signal but stays black also. I've reseated it several times and alwys the same.
    I can feel the drive spinning but the HDD light only comes on for a second and stays off. I even tried to see if it would boot with the HDD out and nothing. I can't find a CMOS to see if reseting the bios would work.

The only thing i know i did wrong was i didn't know it was in stand by when my friend handed it to me so i pulled the battery out when it was running. I was delicate and took static precautions.

Anyone have an idea?

Re: Toshiba satellite a105-s4074 problem

Did you try clearing the escd ? Disconnect power cable, pull battery and hold power button down for 40 seconds or so. Then reinstall battery and power cord. It should re-recognize memory and self assign ranges to devices.

Comment

Re: Toshiba satellite a105-s4074 problem

Problem is resolved. It was a installer error.
      The lay out doesn't lend it's self to proper seating and i was being delicate. Fix was to snap the ram down and pry it into the socket with a screwdriver like it's a piece of heavy machinery.
      At Least i learned how to disassemble and reassemble one of these among other things.

Do you ever feel like an idiot?

Comment

Working...
      X