Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Toshiba 50lf711u20 fire tv remote not pairing

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if anyone could help my in pairing a remote with a Toshiba fire tv?
    The Tv model number is: 50lf711u20 Rev B.

I've already replaced all the the circuit boards within the tv along with the I.R. sensor receiver.

I've tried 3 different remotes which should be fully compatible with this TV.

Oddly enough. A few if the buttons on all of the remotes actually work. Even without pairing...which makes no sense.

The power button, along with the volume,back,select, and directional buttons all work.

I cannot get any farther than the setup screen when attempting to pair the remote.

When I hold in the home button in an attempt to pair the remote, an l.e.d. will flash on the remote control.

However, it never actually pairs.
    I have no control of the inputs and cannot proceed beyond the blue remote setup screen.

In additional, I've contacted Toshiba and they were at a loss.

I've also tried countless button combinations which should have paired the remote.

All of the YouTube videos suggested similar button combinations, if which none actually worked in my case.

Each time I've tried this, I have changed the batteries as well.

All of the pcb's were purchased from shopjimmy and are in perfect working condition too.

I even tried 2 separate main boards, which shopjimmy sent to me.

Please, if anyone has any suggestions...feel free to send them my way.

The last thing I'm going to try is a Toshiba Insignia remote control which is compatible with thus TV set.

This will be the 4th remote I've purchased in an attempt to pair with the TV.

Thanks everyone
    Last edited by SMDFlea; 04-08-2022, 11:54 AM. Reason: 50lf711u20

Re: Toshiba fire tv remote not pairing

it sound for me Firmware issue as usual from amazons, to narrow the issue you didn't wrote any detail on what you did / tried.. so here my questions please answer them.
    1- did the controller buttons on the TV side response or not ?
    2- did you interred in TV android recovery and did wipe data/factory reset and wipe cache partition ?
    3- did you plugged air mouse or USB one or keyboards in TV and they have response or not to pass the first install ??

Comment

Re: Toshiba fire tv remote not pairing

also many remotes will partially work with a tv but unless you have the right one it won't work everything, did you try this one: https://www.ebay.com/itm/39401332044...cAAOSwYM9iR9YC

Comment

Working...
      X