Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HP envy 23 recline display problem

hello everybody

I've got from a friend a "dead" HP envy recline 23 (23-k010ef) with a screen displaying flashing colored lines horizontal and vertical as soon as switched on.

I've opened the beast and verified cables but didn't found any evidence of failure.

This touchscreen 23 machine is expensive and deciding to destroy it for good is a painfull decision.

I've seen that the screen it self is a common 23" hidden behind the touchscreen it self.

of course, this all in one system does not have an external monitor connector, so no way to test on another monitor.

My question is : do I have a way to be sure that this failure is due to the screen and not to the GPU? purchasing a new replacement screen can make sense, but only if I can be sure that the failure is not somewhere else.

disconnecting the internal vga cable just remove anything from the jumping lines. the backlight stays on.

the screen flicker (only line, not the backlight as far as I see). and I hear a little noise coming from the LED zone (bottom of the screen).

any recommendation is welcome.

best regards to all of you

JM
    Attached Files

Re: HP envy 23 recline display problem

Connect it to external monitor see what you got. If it show the same picture, you got BGA problem.
    Try another working screen or screen cable.

Comment

hello

This was my first try, but there's only a HDMI connector and it's a input, not an output.

no way to test on an external monitor.

any idea?

best

JM

Comment

That to me looks like a panel failure more than it does a bad GPU.
        Originally posted by PeteS in CA
        Remember that by the time consequences of a short-sighted decision are experienced, the idiot who made the bad decision may have already been promoted or moved on to a better job at another company.
        A working TV? How boring!

Comment

Can I get the bios dump of this HP
          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
          X