Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Yusmart 229IP-P 22" LCD Monitor Dead

Originally posted by fusionmax View Post
    With the multimeter set at 200 DCV, the black probe on a ground screw and the red probe on pin 2 of D821-FCH10A20 it read 27.1
    Okay, 27.1V DC is fine.

Let's retest the brown wire (pin 8) with your multimeter set on 200V DC. You could have meausred the brown wire initially with the multimeter set on 20V DC and they may have given incorrect results?
    --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

I re-tested the brown wire with the multimeter on 200v and am still getting no reading

Comment

I re-tested the brown wire with the multimeter on 200v and am still getting no reading
        Either or all C822 C829 C823 are bad. Even though they show no visible sign of distress, they can have high ESR (ohm) or be out of uF tolerance.

Replace them and re-measure for 24V DC on the brown wire afterwards.
        --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Re: Yusmart 229IP-P 22" LCD Monitor DeadHI-LIFE LOW ESR CAP (6000HR) EC 470u/ 35V 10*

Ok according to the datasheet they are....

HI-LIFE LOW ESR CAP (6000HR) EC 470u/ 35V 10*21 P=5.0 C

I am trying to find somewhere in the UK that will do replacements with quick delivery (impatient me!) I have found a couple on ebay, can you take a look and see if you think they are suitiable?

Ebay link 1
          Ebay link 2

I have also managed to narrow a search down at farnel, but the massive selection has me scratching my head! Which one would you recommend?

Farnel Link

The one i am thinking about is the one at this link. Does it look ok?

Comment

Re: Yusmart 229IP-P 22" LCD Monitor DeadHI-LIFE LOW ESR CAP (6000HR) EC 470u/ 35V 10*

Ok according to the datasheet they are....

HI-LIFE LOW ESR CAP (6000HR) EC 470u/ 35V 10*21 P=5.0 C
            I would avoid the ebay ones. The first is only 85C and the second is some no name. Stick with Farnell and the RUBYCON - 35ZLH470M10X16 - CAPACITOR, 470UF, 35V.

Just measure the height and diameter of your existing caps to make sure the Rubycon's fit properly.

There are three more tests that I can think of before you order the caps.

Put your multimeter on 200V DC. With power on.

1) Put your black probe on the negative lead of the C822 capacitor. Put your red probe on the positive lead. Report the voltage.

2) Same as above, but for C829.

3) Repeat for C823.

Report findings before ordering.

edit: Sorry, let's also doublecheck all your readings on the 8 pins to make sure. So again, put your multimeter on 200V DC and re-measure all the 8 pins just in case the 24V DC is not mapped to pin 8 (brown), but some other pin.
            Last edited by retiredcaps; 09-07-2010, 01:45 PM.
            --- begin sig file ---

--- end sig file ---

Comment

The power LED does nothing when it is pressed or the power lead is plugged in.
              BTW, another thread just reminded me that you should test I108 (part number 1084-33) on the logic board. It is a voltage regulator and it should be outputting 3.3V and have 5V DC input.

Put the black probe on a ground screw. Put your multimeter on 20V DC. Put your red probe on pins 1, 2, and 3. Record each DC voltage.
              --- begin sig file ---

--- end sig file ---

Comment

I guess the sure fire method of figuring out whether the brown wire supplies 24V or not is to turn the board over and trace the pin 9 connection back to the source. The schematic shows cap C823 as the final filter cap for the 24V output. Try to see if the brown wire is connected to the "+" lead of that cap or shares a common point with that cap.

Comment

Ok, I measured all three caps.....

C822 - 24.4v
                  C823 - 24.5v
                  C829 - 24.5v

The IC 1084-33, which is actually I104 on my logic board gives me the following....

Pin 1 - 0
                  Pin 2 - 3.29
                  Pin 3 - 4.56

I also re-checked all the 8 wires and recieved the same results as before, no 24v on any on the pins

I have also checked continuity between the + of C823 and the brown wire and they are not connected

Comment

Ok, I measured all three caps.....

C822 - 24.4v
                    C823 - 24.5v
                    C829 - 24.5v

I also re-checked all the 8 wires and recieved the same results as before, no 24v on any on the pins

I have also checked continuity between the + of C823 and the brown wire and they are not connected

I should have been more specific. If you visually inspect the circuit board, where is the trace of the brown wire going? You did a continuity check between the "+" terminal and pin 9. What's in between those two points?

The output of I104 looks spot on.
                    Last edited by jetadm123; 09-08-2010, 12:21 PM.

Comment

If you're convinced that the brown wire does not carry 24V, the next step would be to check for any fuses on the logic card. Look for small surface mount devices marked with FXXX (where XXX is a 2-3 digit number) Also, look under the logic board and under that foam cushion.

Comment

1) Okay, let's assume that the power board is outputting correct 5V and 24V DC for now with the current caps.

2) The voltage regulator readings on the logic board look good.

3) Can we get a top down focused picture of the logic board? The one you posted is angled and we can't see all the writing on the PCB. We want something like this

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/attach...4&d=1280167246

4) Can we also get a picture of the keypad (on/off, contrast, brightness controls)?

If there is no color or light on the power LED at all and we have stable secondary voltages, then I believe this suggests something is wrong with the logic board. Either MCU, eeprom, firmware, reset controller, etc.
                        --- begin sig file ---

--- end sig file ---

Comment

PS. This area is where I don't have a lot of experience, but I'm reading through some of PlainBill's threads as it relates to this area.

I might have suggestions after some research.
                          --- begin sig file ---

--- end sig file ---

Comment

After much messing with camera settings, this is the best I can muster....
                            Attached Files

Comment

I also re-checked all of the voltages coming from the power supply and there is definitely no 24v coming from the power supply

Comment

After much messing with camera settings, this is the best I can muster....
                                1) Great pic of the logic board. One of the best so far.

2) Pic of keyboard? That is, board with all the buttons for power?

3) Let's rule out the obvious.

With your multimeter set on 200 ohms (two hundred), start with the power button and trace it back to the logic card. From the power button to the connector on the logic board, it should be less than 1.0 ohms. If it is less than 1.0ohm, we can assume there is good continuity from the power button to the logic board.

4) What is the part number of the big chip (TS????)? Can you peel off that sticker and post the part number?

5) Once the datasheet for that TS??? is found, we are going to try and find out which pin is the power on/off and see if there is proper voltage going to it.
                                --- begin sig file ---

--- end sig file ---

Comment

The IC on the logic board is....

TSUMU58HJ-LF
                                  A6MD120999E
                                  0713B

I have attached pics of the chip and the front panel buttons of the monitor below, sorry for the poor quality, just snapped them with my phone as I was leaving this morning!

I will trace the continutity of the power button once I get home from work and report back.....
                                  Attached Files

Comment

I have attached a picture of the Front Panel Switchboard and labeled the pins for the power switch.

Which pin should I be using to trace the continuity?
                                    Attached Files

Comment

I
                                      Which pin should I be using to trace the continuity?
                                      If you look at my buttons picture, you will see that the 2 yellow lines have continuity (power on). The two red lines have continuity (power off).

If you look at yellow, you can follow the trace on the PCB and see where it goes to the connector (use buzz mode on multimeter to verify).

Hopefully that makes sense.

So for your monitor, I'm guessing 1 and 2 have continuity (verify with your multimeter). Same for 3 and 4.
                                      Attached Files
                                      --- begin sig file ---

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Ok, with the multimeter set on 200 ohms, the black probe on pin 3 and the red probe on the logic card it reads 00.4

With the black probe on pin 1, the red probe on the logic card it reads 00.3

These readings are both with the power button pressed

Comment

Okay, I can't find a datasheet for TSUMU58HJ-LF, but you may have better luck?

If you find a datasheet, look at the pinout configuration and see if the power on/off signal has the proper voltage reading. If it doesn't, then you have to "back trace" from the TSUMU58HJ-LF to the power on/off and see if one the components in between is good or bad.

If you cannot find a datasheet, you will have to "buzz" out the trace from the power on/off connector to the chip.
                                          --- begin sig file ---

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Working...
                                          X