Samsung PN50A550S1FXZA with BN44-00222A Power Supply is dead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung PN50A550S1FXZA with BN44-00222A Power Supply is dead

TV went out the other day with multiple replay clicks and 7 flashes on the BN44-00222A Power Supply indicating Vamp error. I found a cold solder joint on DS803, a blown 803 fuse, and shorted QS801/802. After replacing parts from ShopJimmy's Samsung BN44-00222A Power Supply Component Repair Kit, I get the same symptom except with 4 flashes indicating Vs is dead. Vs measured 0v throughout the attempted turn-on. Va is good. I looked a little more and now I found DS803 to be shorted between pins 1-2 (thought I checked before but may not have, so it may have been shorted all along).

The part number is FCU10UC30 and I cannot find it in my normal places I order from (Mouser, Newark, etc.) and cannot find a sub for something in the states. I can order through eBay but will take weeks to get here.

Does anyone know a sub for this part I may be able to get sooner?

Should I check anything else before I try to fire it up again after I get DS803 replaced?

Thank you for any input

Re: Samsung PN50A550S1FXZA with BN44-00222A Power Supply is dead

This should be a good substitute
    https://www.digikey.co.uk/product-de...07-5-ND/725359

You should check for shorts on Y-main and X-main as well.
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Thank you tom66. I checked the y and x but cannot find a short. Keeping my fingers crossed when I get the diodes replaced.

Comment

Job complete. So it started with a 7 flash Vamp error that was taken care of by ShopJimmy's Samsung BN44-00222A Power Supply Component Repair Kit, then replacing DS803 to get the 4 flash Vs error fixed, and its back on the wall. Lucky nothing else was bad.

Comment

Nice fix, thanks for the update.
          Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
          For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Hi All, Need help with the BN44-00222A Board. I have tried to troubleshoot the board with no luck. this TV does not power up. when I turn the tv on can hear the relays clicking. No standby light. But have a light on the small Totem board( I think it is a standby light). The board had some dry joints and also I installed the parts from the shop jimmy repair kit. I am adamant not to give up. Can someone please give me some direction or if you have a schematic that you can share I am very thankful

Comment

There is a list of flash codes listed next to the board. The number of flashes will tell you what voltage is not in spec.

Comment

Working...
              X