Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dial Cord Hell! Radio Shack SW-100 (Venturer 2959, Rhapsody RY-610)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dial Cord Hell! Radio Shack SW-100 (Venturer 2959, Rhapsody RY-610)

I'm looking for the dial cord winding settings for this radio!

I spend most of a whole day yesterday trying to figure this out. I just need to know how many turns for the tuning knob stylus to get me started, then how many on the lower and upper bobbins on the first cord pulley (there are two on either side of the tuning band area).

The dial cord system has a central gear where the dial cord spring and stay is, then the tuning knob stylus and two small rollers each with a small and a larger bobbin holder. I finally figured out how to wind the cord on those bobbins in order to get full travel of the tuning indicator across the entire band.

It starts out fine with tuning from the side it was strung on, however, when it gets to about 3/4 to the other side, it starts to get very hard to turn and then when I try to go back the other way it slips.

I've tried to file the tuning stylus area to give the string more grip and also tightened the string as much as i can by loosening the screws holding the two small rollers while stringing and then tightening the screws when strung to make the string banjo tight. Nothing seems to work. Same effect every time.

I checked the Sams Dial String PDF but it doesn't even list Radio Shack, Realistic, Tandy, etc. It also appears to be the same as "Venturer 2959-4LW", "Rhapsody RY-610"

Re: Dial Cord Hell! Radio Shack SW-100 (Venturer 2959, Rhapsody RY-610)

This "might" help, although it is not that detailed and does'nt make sense since it does'nt show how the tuning dial connects to the string. Posting some pictures might be helpful
    Attached Files
    Last edited by R_J; 06-07-2020, 08:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X