Thank you to the guys at HEGE supporting Badcaps [ HEGE ] [ HEGE DEX Chart ]

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VESTEL 17IPS61-3 fluctuating 12V output from 3 to 5V!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VESTEL 17IPS61-3 fluctuating 12V output from 3 to 5V!

I have a Techwood tech24hdleddvd led TV with a widely fluctuating 12V output from 3-5V. It doesn't have a standby led lit. Originally when opening it up I thought the usual sb5100 were at fault, however this isn't the case as all checked out ok.
    So after looking at the schematic (attached) I checked the vcc voltage supplying the ICE3BR0665J pins 7 and 8 on the ic again it was fluctuating between 11 and 18V which clearly it shouldn't.
    The schematic is nothing like the board so have also included a picture of the solder side as well. I have checked all the rl207 diodes, ba159's, d14, all the surrounding smd resistors without finding anything obvious.
    Just been carrying out further tests and now the power unit is solid as a rock now! I can only guess that I must have disturbed something on the pcb board!
    The voltage across 7 and 8 is 12.8V without any fluctuation. I don't understand what has happened to cause this. Cleaned up the PCB with isopropanol alcohol around most of the smd components. I will now run it and see how it goes!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by cheeky2; 09-23-2017, 08:08 AM.

Re: VESTEL 17IPS61-3 fluctuating 12V output from 3 to 5V!

I believe that those black connectors (CN32 on the main board) are problematic and often need to be re-soldered on both boards.
    Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

Re: VESTEL 17IPS61-3 fluctuating 12V output from 3 to 5V!

If Vcc for the controller is fluctuating there are a few common faults, in order of probability:
      - Bad Vcc cap (small electrolytic on the primary)
      - Shorted/excessive loads on output, possibly on other rails
      - Open circuit diode for the Vcc charge circuit
      - Bad controller IC
      - Bad zener diode for the controller, if present
      Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
      For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Working...
      X