Thank you to the guys at HEGE supporting Badcaps [ HEGE ] [ HEGE DEX Chart ]

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LG 60PA6500 Runs for 5 minutes and then turns off(and more)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LG 60PA6500 Runs for 5 minutes and then turns off(and more)

I have an LG 60PA6500 - an older but a goodie(for me anyway).
    It has recently started powering itself off after 5 minutes or so. If I turn it back on it will run for another 10-30 seconds and turn off again. If continue the process for 10 times or so it will eventually stay turned on for hours. However once it stays powered up if I leave it on a dim screen for 5-10 minutes it will turn itself off again.
    It kind of seems like something has to get warm enough to stay turned on. Experimenting with a heatgun hasn't helped me track down a problem though.
    Once in a while during the process of getting it to stay turned on I will get sound with no picture. When that happens Va (55 volts) on the power supply will be jumping/oscillating all over the place) Vs is always steady at 206 volts.
    I have recapped all boards and reflowed pretty much the entire power supply board. All boards look good with no sign of any bad solder connections.
    Looking at all boards with a thermal camera shows only one component which seems a little warm to me, that is a 10 ohm resistor on the Z-Sus board. The resistor is mounted off the board which indicates they expected it to run warm though. During operation it is around 90 C.

Searching the board didn't find any obvious matches from other people with the 60PA6500. I did check C802 on the power supply and it is fine.

At this point I'm leaning towards the power supply board but any other advice is welcomed.

Re: LG 60PA6500 Runs for 5 minutes and then turns off(and more)

I would re solder the joints on the power supply ie any parts on heatsinks and transformers etc even if the joint looks ok re do them

Comment

Working...
    X