Panasonic TC-50PS14 10 blinks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panasonic TC-50PS14 10 blinks

I currently have a Panasonic (TC-50PS14) tv and the power (red light) blinks 10 times and repeats. People on the web say it is the A-Board, but I am not sure where they are getting there info and just would like to confirm.

Also I would like to be pointed in the right direction on tips on how to test major/ common problems which something like the a-board.

Re: Panasonic TC-50PS14 10 blinks

10 blinks could be a number of things. I had an A-board cause a 10 blink recently because it blew a couple of logic buffers on the board shorting the P5V line.

But i have read along the way shorted SC/SS boards have also caused 10 blink.

Try this link and download, it's a training guide for your series of TV.

pages 57-60

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/attach...7&d=1372477292

Comment

I am just taking a gander at the pdf now and it looks very appropriate to be able to help me diagnose this later tonight..

Are there these types of references for most tv's out there or at least where did you goto to find it? Thanks a lot.

Comment

I had 2 shorted IC's on the A board which was shorting out the SUB9V line causing the 10 blink code.

Comment

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=25836

http://www.tgohome.com/ServiceManuals

http://elektrotanya.com/

Comment

Alright, much appreciated for the links, will get much use out of them..

Anyhow, the testing says it is the sc board.. is this a common part to go out? It is neat coincidence that it also has to be one of the most expensive parts too.

Comment

SC board failures are fairly common these days.

Have you tested anything on the SC to confirm it's faulty? Try resistance at SC2 Vsus, the P15V and P5V lines that go in at SC20.

Comment

SC2: 3.8 Ohms
                P15V:
                P5V:

I could not figure out where the P15V and P5V are.. I see them in the diagram from the pdf you provided but can not tell if they are certain pins or connectors elsewhere near it.

Comment

After looking some more, I found pages 30-31 to test it..

Comment

Alright well I did the test of pin 3 and 5 on SC42 and I believe the seem fine. (Rec for P3 was 2.9K, I got 3.03K & for P5 rec was 5.7K ohms and I got 5.88). Obviously this does not indicate a good board but does not lead me to know it is defective for sure.

Comment

If it's 3.8 ohms on SC2 then that's the fault basically it's shorted.

I was expecting Vsus short which is what I've read on occasion for a 10 blink. For my TV which is a 2010 model, the SC blows and shorts Vsus producing a SOS4 or PSU fault code but that's because the PSU is being shorted.

I'd also test the SD/SU buffer boards as well before you fit a working SC board to them just in case they are shorted as well so you don't run the risk of blowing a good SC board.

Not sure how you'll go finding a SC though for this model, they seem scarce.

Comment

Sorry but one last addon until you reply- I also tested the SD/SU (or at least tried) as I am not getting a reading from the pins the manual wanted on PG27/28. I would get results for other points but not those ones specifically..

Comment

I have found a SC that recently popped up - $200 is a pretty good chunk but looks like guy is parting out his old tv due to cracked lcd - so I am attempting to offer..

Also can you just confirm I am testing the SC2 correctly, I will upload a pic and now the resistance wants to say .7/.8 - I am new to the whole testing pieces resistances, etc - before I would just test voltages and give it a green light / red light and decide on what to part with lol ..
                          Attached Files

Comment

Anyhow, I was thinking - if it costs that much for the part.. is it really worth it?

I only paid $20 for this tv and it has a good screen but if like you said - another board is shorting it out, I could be out the cost of just buying a working 50" at least I feel like so..

Comment

Looks dead short. no way I'd pay $200 for a used SC from a cracked screen which may also mean that SC may be bad too.

Comment

Your meter is not good enough I'm afraid. looks like it stops at 2 Mohms (2000K). What they show is 2.1 Mohms. So if your meter reads nothing and I assume not 0.0 ohms but shows O.L. ( out of limit) then You could assume it's not shorted and the resistance is greater than 2 Mohms which is just fine.

Comment

Well bottom price he is willing to do is $165 (including shipping) as he even stated he knows it is in limited supply.. And I know I need a better DVM, do you recommend any certain ones?

Also - it is not reading OL nor 0.0, it does not read. It shows just as if it nothing is connected (1__._) - Is the SC suppose to be connected while testing these?

Comment

Also I saw in past someone sold a broken SC board for $50 so I believe I can recoop some even if I have to pay this.. and like I said, I only have $20 in the tv - $180 for a 50in is not too bad.. just the problem is that if the other boards could possibly be bad too.

Comment

Originally posted by kyij View Post
                                      Well bottom price he is willing to do is $165 (including shipping) as he even stated he knows it is in limited supply.. And I know I need a better DVM, do you recommend any certain ones?

Also - it is not reading OL nor 0.0, it does not read. It shows just as if it nothing is connected (1__._) - Is the SC suppose to be connected while testing these?
                                      I'd say that's the same as out of range. There's plenty of other guys which would have a better idea of what's out there.

I have a 20 year auto ranging fluke 77, very basic but easy to use and accurate.

I saw a listing on Ebay for repair at $110. What we really need is some people to have a go on this forum at repairing these boards.

$50 for a dead board, that's good money, suggests they must be reasonably cheap to fix for someone to pay that.

I guess if the Sc is the only bad part then I guess $200 all up is ok. That's what my 2010 50" set me back to get it going. $100 for the TV and $100 for boards but I got lucky as I got a full set of boards for that. But that was before my SC board started to dry up and go up in price.

I've since fault found my faulty ones and did component repair- very challenging with plenty of mistakes and blow-ups along the way.

Comment

http://www.lcd-plasma-parts.co.uk/in...roduct_id=2202

I have received shorted SC & SD boards out of a full set from this guy before but I got my money back, that's always the risk that they are not always tested
                                        Last edited by tw2005; 07-28-2013, 04:09 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                        X