Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vertical bars on screen

Hi all,

I have three vertical, 2" bars on the left side of my Samsung 50" plasma screen model FPT5084X\XAA. They came about after the unit was shut off and on a few times. I have worked on issues and have found blown fuses on the powersupply and faulty capacitors.

I have an image of the problem. Lines on left are missing data. Totally dark. This is the case in any mode.

Which board is causing my problem? Y-main, X-main, Logic?

I appreciate any input on this issue.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Johnny P; 04-20-2011, 06:32 PM.

Re: Vertical bars on screen

Originally posted by Johnny P View Post
    Hi all,

I have three vertical, 2" bars on the left side of my Samsung 50" plasma screen model FPT5084X\XAA. They came about after the unit was shut off and on a few times. I have worked on issues and have found blown fuses on the powersupply and faulty capacitors.

I have an image of the problem. Lines on left are missing data. Totally dark. This is the case in any mode.

Which board is causing my problem? Y-main, X-main, Logic?

I appreciate any input on this issue.
    X drivers, or if the drivers are mounted on the ribbon cables, it's the plasma panel itself. If this model has the drivers on the ribbon cables, it's unrepairable.

PlainBill
    For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

I had a problem with the plasma a few years back when I purchased this unit. It was replaced under warranty. There was snow all over the screen. So Samsung, has not proven to be very reliable. I had to repair my in-laws as well. They had caps that had gone bad, blown fuses due to power surge, easy stuff. For a few cents problem solved, I can live with that.
      Thanks Bill

Comment

BTW - What do "drivers on the ribbon cables" look like? Are they imbedded?

Comment

Working...
        X