Sony KP-53S56 Power Supply, how to ID

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sony KP-53S56 Power Supply, how to ID

I have a Sony TV, model# KP-53S56 that appears to have all the symptoms of a bad power supply. I have done a ton of reading online about the symptoms and they all match a bad power board. I need to know how to identify the current power board model in the tv so I can buy a exact replacement. Ive looked all over the power board and cannot seem to see any particular model#. I know they have G-Boards in them but I need the exact model#.

Also I need to know how to drain all the voltage off the TV so I don't kill me when replacing the power supply .
    I have worked on a lot of computer monitors but not many projection TV's. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Sony KP-53S56 Power Supply, how to ID

Looking at the Power Board I can see that C514 (capacitor) is blown. The self diagnostic system has detected the fault and caused the tv to go into protection mode. Ive read about some people replacing that cap and the set plays fine after dropping a new cap in the board. The capacitor is a 390pf ceramic disc with a 2kv voltage rating with a tolerance of 10%. I really don't want to replace the cap only as something obviously made it pop in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by freakytiki4u View Post
      I have a Sony TV, model# KP-53S56 that appears to have all the symptoms of a bad power supply. I have done a ton of reading online about the symptoms and they all match a bad power board. I need to know how to identify the current power board model in the tv so I can buy a exact replacement. Ive looked all over the power board and cannot seem to see any particular model#. I know they have G-Boards in them but I need the exact model#.

Also I need to know how to drain all the voltage off the TV so I don't kill me when replacing the power supply .
      I have worked on a lot of computer monitors but not many projection TV's. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Since you're saying that you need to ID the correct power supply, then we are to assume there are multiple power supply models for this set. Correct? Since members are not sitting next to you and you've supplied no photos of the power supply, then I'm thinking it's going to be impossible to ID it.

Comment

Jetadm123, I'm not sure if there are multiple power supplies or not. This is why I am posting the question here for the experts

I will be more than happy to post pictures if I can also find out how to drain the power from the tv so I don't zap myself when taking the lines loose from the power supply. Otherwise I would have posted pictures in the 1st post. I'm just trying to be careful and avoid shocking myself or worse. I know one must be careful with a TV.

Comment

Pictures are long overdue for this thread. Post away. Use "Manage Attatchments" when posting pics.
          The strong-minded rise to the challenge of their goals,the weak-minded BECOME HATERS

Comment

Originally posted by Dgtech View Post
            Pictures are long overdue for this thread. Post away. Use "Manage Attatchments" when posting pics.
            OK, let me say again, if I can find out how to drain the power from the tv so I can actually pull the power supply out without getting shocked I will be more that happy to post pictures, LOL, not meaning to sound rude.

Comment

Working...
            X