Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dell XPS L702X not posting

Hello

I am trying to fix Dell XPS L702x laptop/motherboard which is not posting.
    The laptop charges the battery. I can see battery light on.

When it turns on, I can hear the fan runs and nothing on screen and no indicator are on.

It seems the motherboard is the issue as the RAM and hard drives work on other machine.

any suggestion or guide to check/fix the motherboard are appreciated.

Thanks!

Re: Dell XPS L702X not posting

any beep codes?

page 63 (65)
    Last edited by domas; 01-19-2014, 07:22 PM.

Comment

I do reball/reflow jobs in my shop and can confirm that model is prone to GPU issues (overheating and the lead-free solder oxidizes). If you've disconnected EVERY device except the LCD and still have fans only then I'd start looking at doing a GPU reflow or reball.

Comment

No beep codes. I can turn on the laptop using the power button (fans on only) but i cannot turn it of by pressing the power button. I have to take out the battery and disconnect the power to turn it on.

I tried to disconnect the ram, drives, hard drives and it's still the same.
        I will try to take a part to see the motherboard.

Comment

Try holding the power button for 5+ seconds to manually kill the power.

Just to add, of course you'll need a stick of ram installed in addition to the lcd connected (could also try and external display) when you test the bare mobo to see if it posts. Everything else should be disconnected (keyboard, wifi card, hdd, etc). This will tell you if its an actual board issue, then you can move to further diagnosing.

Comment

Working...
          X