Hitachi 43HB6T72U Standby after 3 seconds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hitachi 43HB6T72U Standby after 3 seconds

Hitachi 43HB6T72U which would come on, display the logo for 3 seconds, then go to standby.

I'd had this before and it had been the chip that holds the firmware that had been the problem that time.
    I tried freezing the chip but it still wouldn't come on. For a quick and easy fix I just ordered a board (17MB110-2) from the bay (apparently tested and taken from a TV with a broken screen). I made sure to get the one that matched the screen.

That eventually turned up and I fitted it to find that it still had exactly the same fault. The power board (17IPS12) was really cheap online so I ordered that, it turned up and I STILL have the same fault....
    Convinced now that it must be an LED backlight problem I stripped the screen down and tested the strips, and they all light perfectly.

So now either one of the replacement boards I ordered has exactly the same fault I had, or the tcon board is somehow causing it to turn off?

Can anyone offer any advice?

Re: Hitachi 43HB6T72U Standby after 3 seconds

How did you test the LED strips ?

Comment

Re: Hitachi 43HB6T72U Standby after 3 seconds

Originally posted by diif View Post
      How did you test the LED strips ?

Hi Diff, tested with a proper backlight tester.
      Update, I've since frozen the firmware chip on the replacement board and the tv has came on. The conclusion seems to be that the “fully tested” eBay board is faulty.

Comment

Working...
      X