Aoc Lm 725

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aoc Lm 725

Hi all im new to this site, and i have a LCD monitor AOC LM 725 which has dark screen and the green led blinking on and off, if i look at screen up close it lights every second in time with the led. There are no bulging or leaking caps, should i replace all caps or could something else be the cause, any help much appreciated.

Great site by the way. fez

Re: Aoc Lm 725

Sorry i have just read a post by khar so i will try some advice given on that post, although any extra help will be appreciated. thanks

Comment

Originally posted by fez
      Sorry i have just read a post by khar so i will try some advice given on that post, although any extra help will be appreciated. thanks
      Hello Fez
      I think a recap is called for first (just a suggestion) the on off LED is a bit diffrent to Kharrs
      I dont like suggesting recap when all the caps on board look good, because you may recap and still not fix problem, but in this case I think its called for
      In Kharrs thread, posting #31 he tells you the 7 caps that he renewed, it is best if you add the other small one that was left out,the one by the PWM controller
      Also when you got 5 minutes post pictures of top and bottom of your board, this will help Members to help you
      Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Bobdee
        Hello Fez
        I think a recap is called for first (just a suggestion) the on off LED is a bit diffrent to Kharrs
        I dont like suggesting recap when all the caps on board look good, because you may recap and still not fix problem, but in this case I think its called for
        In Kharrs thread, posting #31 he tells you the 7 caps that he renewed, it is best if you add the other small one that was left out,the one by the PWM controller
        Also when you got 5 minutes post pictures of top and bottom of your board, this will help Members to help you
        Bob
        Hi Bobdee, sorry for late reply been babysitting sisters house while she was on holiday, thanks for your reply i will as you say replace caps and you say there is one by the controller, is that the controller underneath the board, im sorry im a bit of a novice about boards but i am willing to learn.
        Thanks again fez

Comment

Originally posted by fez
          Hi Bobdee, sorry for late reply been babysitting sisters house while she was on holiday, thanks for your reply i will as you say replace caps and you say there is one by the controller, is that the controller underneath the board, im sorry im a bit of a novice about boards but i am willing to learn.
          Thanks again fez
          Hello Again
          If you look at Kharrs first picture, there is a large capacitor laying on its side in the bottom right hand corner, above that is a PWM controller (8 pin IC) and above that is the small cap leaning to its side, thats the one
          Good replacements are required, panasonic FCs or FMs are readily recommended in this forum
          Bob

Comment

Hi Bob thanks for the info from picture i will obtain the caps and let you know how i get on.
            Thanks again fez

Comment

Originally posted by Bobdee
              Hello Fez
              Bob
              I have replaced caps but still led is blinking and it sounds as if you can hear it through speakers. Also i can see backlight from inside the lcd going off and on in time with the led.Has anyone got any idea what else could be the cause. Thanks again for any help.
              fez

Comment

How about some pics of the inverter board?
                Elements of the past and the future combining to make something not quite as good as either.

Comment

Working...
                X